Water Bleeding Help :)

Dave Sutton

Warranty lasts one year. If your brake is older than that, water bleed it.

Personally I think it's a waste of antifreeze to do an antifreeze bleed in the bath but that's your call.

Which model brake is it?

Oh yeah, video guide in my sig.

Edited by Revolver

Right, just follow the video tutorial, and use as small a container as you can so you waste as little antifreeze as possible.

Be aware a small container will make it harder... so be careful it doesn't come out of the water when it's all open. If the bleed turns out shite, it's because this happened.

• Like 1

I used revolvers guide but used a bath, the second time I used a sink, and the next time I'm going to try and use something even smaller (for antifreeze) so my brakes don't freeze in the winter!

Highly recommend his guide, helped loads.

As another tip for using small containers, you can actually use separate containers for the slave with the bleed screw and another for the lever. As long as they are both in liquid, it doesn't matter that they are in different containers (Y) This is especially useful for 'bath' bleeds while on a ride, I've used the bottom of a couple of bottles a couple of times so I didn't have to fully take the brake off the bike but also didn't need a syringe.

If you've got a bleed pipe with you in your bike you can do a quick bleed with that. Josh, Rob Leech on here, does it. I believe you open the lever bleed hole only, put the pipe in with water in it and pump the lever.

Mind, then you may as well carry a syringe with you.

If you've got a bleed pipe with you in your bike you can do a quick bleed with that. Josh, Rob Leech on here, does it. I believe you open the lever bleed hole only, put the pipe in with water in it and pump the lever.

Mind, then you may as well carry a syringe with you.

Yea this was just a case of having nothing, easy to buy a bottle of water, cut it in half and use one half for each - need something to fill them both up with though so buy 2 bottles.