Onza Ice 2

Julius Czar

Is there such a thing? Got a Vee setup on the back of my Ice, and obviously its quite a wide setup, so I need a wide booster. I've got an Echo one but its too narrow, even after some modification.. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Kieran.

are you using, 4bolt-vee mounnts ?is there no way to mount a maggie booster under the mounts with some modifying ?

are you using, 4bolt-vee mounnts ?is there no way to mount a maggie booster under the mounts with some modifying ?

Id imagine having the Booster underneath or on top of the 4bolt to Vee adaptors wouldnt leave any tyre clearance.

I've tried running a booster directly on my 4 bolt clamps, and it rubbed on the tyre, and that was set higher than yours would be.

Willing to be proven wrong though (Y)

Id imagine having the Booster underneath or on top of the 4bolt to Vee adaptors wouldnt leave any tyre clearance.

I've tried running a booster directly on my 4 bolt clamps, and it rubbed on the tyre, and that was set higher than yours would be.

Willing to be proven wrong though (Y)

I've found it wont remove most of the flex which occurs from the vee posts themselves, hence why you need a proper vee booster on the top. I've only ever used a Salsa carbon booster, but there was plenty of space with that. Might have to be a custom job unless you can find a Salsa or Shimano booster?

get some 6mm think steel and make one to fit, use a hacksaw to make a neater cut. all you'll need is a decent hacksaw, file, and a drill.

Thats a good idea actually, thanks :)

Yeah I am, and I've never thought of that, could work, but as craigjames said, doesn't the majority of the flex occur in the posts?

I've found it wont remove most of the flex which occurs from the vee posts themselves, hence why you need a proper vee booster on the top. I've only ever used a Salsa carbon booster, but there was plenty of space with that. Might have to be a custom job unless you can find a Salsa or Shimano booster?

Are they wide enough to fit my set up though? I've seen them on 24"s and whatnot, but I've never seen a vee booster on a mod, might just have to make one, seems like the only option :)

Cheers guys!

What vee you running on the back, I asked about the possibility of doing it on my zoo and the experts started running their mouths like.

So it is possible, and looks like it works, thanks experts.

Anywho enough bitchin

So whats the set up?

Cheers

I'ts just an Avid sd7 with Onza vee adaptors and Inspired pads, managed to get an Echo booster on there now, and I'm getting Heatsink yellows and grinding the rim :)