Need Geo Help, Going Newschool

old'scoolfool

my current bike is a pace, absolutely no idea what the bb rise or wheelbase is

im looking at these two because bikes and have no bloody idea which one is best for me? i don't have any bikes i can test so i'm going to have to take a punt without trying one out,i'm only 5ft 8/9ish if that helps at all

i have these three options

because 2011 black/orange version which is +35 bb 1070mm wb (short)

because 2011 black/orange version which is +35 bb 1090mm wb (long)

because color black/pink version which is +55 bb 1080mm wb

20mm height and width much to make a difference?

Depends HOW new-school, and what sort of new-school you want.

Comp, TGS, or a modern streety geo?

Edit: Though coming from a Pace, whatever you want to do, I'm pretty sure it'd take you a long while to come to terms with +55mm on the BB.

I hate stocks - so don't take my word for it, but +35 1090 sounds rank. Another vote for the +35 1070, mainly because it's a bit more similar to what you know.

I've been on a Ozonys Cannibal V3 (very +35, 1070) which was alright, and I've been on a Coust V2 (+40, 1100 I think) which was horribly long.

Also been on an Inpulse R26 (+50, 1090) which sums up everything I dislike about stocks (sorry Kyle :P ).

Cannibal was certainly the most rideable for me, but then I'm a mod rider through and through so you're probably better off ignoring everything I just typed :P

Not too sure why I'm even replying.

Ah well - it's written now.

Edited by aener

I think - because 2011 black/orange version which is +35 bb 1070mm wb (short) - this one will be the less radical change to the bike you're riding at the moment. You should get on with that one the most.

sorry didnt notice your post dude, this sounds a good bet i'm gonna find out my geo tomorrow and compare

Then maybe the +35 1090. It will feel long though.

Just to reiterate, wait for some stock riders to reply. If I had my way, you'd be getting a +70, 1010 ;)

so ideally i want a mix of both frames +35 1080mm lol i dont want to litterlly fly that sounds insane

I'd personally (and I did) go for the black and orange version. I came from exactly the same kind of stable as you, had a heavy tools trials frame which I rebuilt a couple of years ago, swapped to a Zona Zenith 1075/375/+25, that made way for a 06 Control modstock which I'm sure was the short one at 1065/377/+20 and now I ride a because. Feels really nice for me, compared to an oldskool bike it actually feels right for doing trials on and everything is so much easier. Also I've had loads of riders have a go and comment on how nice it feels and rides.

If it was me buying one now... the +50 one. Seeing that you've only had +0 or bb drop bikes... then like aener says, the 1070 +35 would probably be best for you! Nice high front end and you'll be sorted :)

Edit: I ride some natural, some tgs and ride a +60 1080, 382 frame...same height as you.

Edited by Alex Dark

Remember you can even out the feel of BB height with bar height. Having a higher centre of gravity will make balancing harder though - I noticed this on my because 24" - It's worth noting that whilst you can make a high BB frame feel similar to a low BB frame by changing bar height, you can't make a low BB frame feel like a high BB frame without making it ride worse.

At least that's the way I see it.

I'd still pick the +35 1070 version if I were you, though.

Remember you can even out the feel of BB height with bar height. Having a higher centre of gravity will make balancing harder though - I noticed this on my because 24" - It's worth noting that whilst you can make a high BB frame feel similar to a low BB frame by changing bar height, you can't make a low BB frame feel like a high BB frame without making it ride worse.

At least that's the way I see it.

I'd still pick the +35 1070 version if I were you, though.

Bit off topic revolver, but do you know what the BB height was on your because? I measured mine to be about +82isshhh

I wouldn't mind trying that 1070 +35, everyone says how nice +30 - +35 bikes are, never used one though...