Scottish Dates 2012

kevind

I will post up dates before end of year. Been working away from home alot and still a couple of weeks to go. I have been waiting for other championship dates so as not to clash as best I can. I have three/four new venues that I am in discussions and await the go ahead.(or not!) I hope to have six/seven rounds in 2012. Bob Macgregor, Fort William (downhill weekend) and Kinlochleven are confirmed (ish). Please comment on this years rounds and anything that you feel could be changed/improved. Membership forms , I will do before the end of year as well. If anybody wants an AGM then let me know and we could have a practice day/AGM somewhere? Anybody have any ideas/venues then let me know. Try to get a website done as well.

Have a good xmas and a feet up new year.

Kevin

Round 1 22nd April Bob Macgregor Confirmed

Round 2 13th May Kinlochleven Confirmed (Sunday after Scottish six day trial!)

Round 3 27th May Kirkliston Provisional (part of a bigger bike weekend)

Round 4 and 5 9th 10th June Fort William (Downhill and British champ weekend) Confirmed

Round 6 26th August New venue to be confirmed

(might be an interesting new comp at Bob Macgregor on an other date. Keep you posted!!!!)

Round 7 30th September Bob Macgregor Confirmed

As always guys comments welcome. Provisionals are just confirming venues are not booked on same day. Packed in a bit round May but trying to get the interest up by having other events going on! Get Practicing.

Edited by kevind

Fort William will be in June, alongside the UCI Mountainbike World Cup and British national round, so the weather *should* be fine. Blistering sunshine and midges the last two years!

I'll hopefully be up for a couple of rounds this year - been wanting to ride the Bob McGregor park for ages now!

kinlochleven was good, except for the timing in the year was a bit off. Id recommend fort bill / kinlochleven being summer rounds to make the most of both spots.

ill do my best to get round to more of the comps this year!

good idea ben only one thing i wouldn't have kinlochleven any later than middle of may as midges and bracken start getting out of hand!! Kevin my british round dates and scottish dates will be out on the 10th, so if i could give you them so you have a idea of weekend. i would really like to get to them all this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...