Ozonys King Of Dunce V2 Or Fourplay 2011

AndrewEH1

is it worth throwing the TMS Combo in the mix too?! saw someone doing some pretty streety stuff on it in a recent posted vid, looks very nice....

im guessing its the ozonys that the triboulat guys use?

Trying the ward me off buying a green frame?

The only issue with the TMS is that at the price of buying the frame only and the difficultly of ordering it off a french website isn't worth the hassle, plus the BB rise is getting a little high at 35mm.

I'll probably go with the Fourplay but the Ozonys is around £100 less which makes it rather tempting...

Edited by AndrewEH1

Why is it you're getting rid of your 09 Fourplay?

Personally i'd like to replace mine, as I can stand Maguras no longer and i'd like a lower BB. If neither of these are causing you any issues then why not stick?

I certainly wouldn't be inclined to go from a Fourplay to a 'King of Dunce' - the ridiculous name alone is enough to put me off.

Why is it you're getting rid of your 09 Fourplay?

Personally i'd like to replace mine, as I can stand Maguras no longer and i'd like a lower BB. If neither of these are causing you any issues then why not stick?

I certainly wouldn't be inclined to go from a Fourplay to a 'King of Dunce' - the ridiculous name alone is enough to put me off.

I wanting to move on for the same reason as you, Maguras. Discs are just so much easier. BB isn't a massive issue, but I would prefer a low one.

Apart for the completely stupid name the Ozonys looks quite good. But I don't think anyone actually has bought one...probably due to the name.

I'd stick to what you know. You can't go wrong with an Inspired. I think the King looks as ugly as sin, and really scruffy, whereas the Inspired is really clean looking and has a damn good reputation. I reckon that's worth the extra hundred quid. It means you don't have to get a frame in that god awful green that seems to be everywhere.

I think the lower BB and the shorter length of the newer Fourplay would make for a fair bit nicer riding bike than the original.

I wanting to move on for the same reason as you, Maguras. Discs are just so much easier. BB isn't a massive issue, but I would prefer a low one.

Apart for the completely stupid name the Ozonys looks quite good. But I don't think anyone actually has bought one...probably due to the name.

We've sold a few of them. I can't remember how many of the V1s we had, but yeah, we sold however many we had and sold the newer model too. They're not really as popular as the Fourplay because they don't have the Inspired brand, and I'd say in all honesty the frame just isn't as good as an Inspired. It's sort of like Ozonys saw a Fourplay then just did a sort of attempted copy of it, but didn't really commit to the details. Things like the dropouts could be neatened up loads and made to look and work better but they've just sort of left them as they are. I don't like the look of the disc mount either, but that's probably 'cos I'm just not used to seeing post mounts on the back of frames. I reckon the Inspired should be a fair bit stronger too. The BB yoke is a lot beefier than on the Ozonys, but 'cos of the scoops in the Inspired one it shouldn't really weigh much more. The seat tube junction's also a bit meatier on the Inspired too.

I'd stick to what you know. You can't go wrong with an Inspired. I think the King looks as ugly as sin, and really scruffy, whereas the Inspired is really clean looking and has a damn good reputation. I reckon that's worth the extra hundred quid. It means you don't have to get a frame in that god awful green that seems to be everywhere.

I think the lower BB and the shorter length of the newer Fourplay would make for a fair bit nicer riding bike than the original.

I noticed a reasonable difference between my '09 and my '11 Fourplay. The 2011 felt nicer for basically everything in my experience. I ended up raising the BB on mine a bit, but that could just be a 'me' thing - apart from Stan, everyone else I know who rides the Fourplay runs it as standard, and they all seem to get on with it pretty well.

why not go for a zoot? they have disc mounts an i'm very impressed with the quality of mine...

If you're commiting to a rear disc, the Inspired mount is going to be a lot stronger. The Zoot's got an IS mount so you're stuck to a 160mm rotor unless you get a +20mm adaptor on there (unless you're running a BB7 or something obviously), whereas the Fourplay's got a built-in +20mm mount. It's also a LOT more reinforced than the Zoot. The Zoots are still good frames, but I'd say if you were specifically getting a frame to run a disc on you'd be better off going for something like the Ozonys or the Fourplay.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great responses guys, very helpful!

I'm veering towards the new Fourplay, as it has been said, you can't go wrong with Inspired.

Hopefully a frame will pop up in the classifieds in the next couple of months, if not expect an order soon!

It means you don't have to get a frame in that god awful green that seems to be everywhere.

:P id love to see where all these green frames are....i had a nightmare finding anywhere in the uk who would do mine!

look forward to seeing you with the new fourplay andrew....know exactly what you mean with the maguras, seems to me that its a re-occuring theme with alot of riders on here and streety 24" bikes...i reckon in a few years time they could be a think of the past?

:P id love to see where all these green frames are....i had a nightmare finding anywhere in the uk who would do mine!

look forward to seeing you with the new fourplay andrew....know exactly what you mean with the maguras, seems to me that its a re-occuring theme with alot of riders on here and streety 24" bikes...i reckon in a few years time they could be a think of the past?

I just meant with the King being available in green, and the newer fourplay also in green, and now your green Skye - it seems a slight trend is occurring.

I know Maguras are perfect for many riders, but I just don't think they are at all suitable for street riding. Well, for me at least they don't suit what I want to do. I cannot wait to go rear disc - it'll be nicer in the rain as well.

I just meant with the King being available in green, and the newer fourplay also in green, and now your green Skye - it seems a slight trend is occurring.

oh right ok...it was the 'that seems to be everywhere' that got me. never seen anyone other than the triboulats ride the kings, and i dont know anyone whos resprayed a bike in green, let alone my skye (that hasnt yet been seen to determin how 'god awful' it is!)

its the pretty much the least common colour available if you were to go into any bike shop so even regular bikes arent 'everywhere'?!

i agree the new fourplay in green is popular (i still dont see masses of them on here) and your views on maguras i agree with...but this colour thing just seems a bit daft if im honest.

pretty sure you do need a 128bb for the fourplay

Edited by chris4stars

found a red one for sale here or are you probs going to have to go brandnew for this?

either look great, though the red would really stand out imo:

DSC_0042-2.jpg

...all the rest of your stuff is black isnt it?

what are you going to do about the rear disc? a hope from here? whats on your front i cant remember!

Edited by chris4stars

oh right ok...it was the 'that seems to be everywhere' that got me. never seen anyone other than the triboulats ride the kings, and i dont know anyone whos resprayed a bike in green, let alone my skye (that hasnt yet been seen to determin how 'god awful' it is!)

its the pretty much the least common colour available if you were to go into any bike shop so even regular bikes arent 'everywhere'?!

i agree the new fourplay in green is popular (i still dont see masses of them on here) and your views on maguras i agree with...but this colour thing just seems a bit daft if im honest.

pretty sure you do need a 128bb for the fourplay

Yeah, it's not like green is the new silver or anything, but I think the Kawasaki green has always been a popular colour but those respraying their frames. Granted it's not so popular now, but i remember a time where it seemed a bit of a go-to colour, which is why I was disappointed when I originally saw the 2011 Fourplay. The red one more than made up for it though.

I think the green is also quite popular for MTB's. Commencal seemed to be on the green train until quite recently, and i'm sure there were some new 2012 AM frames just released that had headed that way. I guess it always seems common to me, but that's based on the bikes i've seen so will differ for everyone.

It's no disrespect to your Skye, i'm sure it'll look great, just that sort of green would never be my choice, and it's a colour I just don't favour for whatever reason.

Green is certainly not the least common colour, but I know what is as I wish i'd sprayed my bike it last summer instead of the malachite colour i chose. I think the very least common colour would have to be mustard yellow.

Anyway back to important matters......

I think the very least common colour would have to be mustard yellow.

Which happens to be the most popular colour of Element ;)

I used to have my BMX sprayed a proper mustardy colour and I've often thought about going back to it, but I think the only non-silver or black colour I use now if going to be Vauxhall Satin Red. That red was like the key to my power or something - as soon as I switched to my new raw frame I lost everything...

Ah you should go mustard again. I think with white forks it's a great combo. I thought that when I first saw Dave Wells bike, that if it was a darker, dirtier shade it would have been perfection.

It just seems trials bikes are always bright or brash colours, and often all quite similar. I like how BMX is more varied and you see some interesting combos. The shininess of yours does look quite nice, but i made a vow never to go silver again. However what do i know....I met a BMXer in Elephant & Castle a week or so back who was looking at getting an Inspired who laughed when he found out that i'd sprayed my bike, stating....."You sprayed it that colour"?

I didn't think it was that bad!

Edited by Matthew62