V-Brake Suspension Forks

chris4stars

basically - i have an old bike with a full xtr group that i cant part with...potentially replacing the frame, wondering what my options are these days with v brake suspension forks!

not worried about the money side of things, ideally looking for the best of whats on offer these days

any advice welcomed :) thanks

Edited by chris4stars

thanks - edited my original post as i was a little vague! looking for as high end as the market will let me :)

I honestly don't think any new suspension forks come with v brake mounts. Even the XC guys have moved away from them to disc brakes. So unless i'm completely wrong you'll be looking for something old but new or 2nd hand.

have a look on ebay for some paces, will go with all your xtr kit sweet

they are light as hell aswell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACE-RC36-SUSPENSION-FORKS-/140658113623?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20bfe07c57

or these, are lovely, if you dont mind spending a fair bit

come with the v brake boss clamps aswell if you look in one of the pics

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-PACE-RC36-EVO-Pro-Class-EDDIE-IRVINE-forks-stem-/300632771142?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item45ff1c0a46

have a look on ebay for some paces, will go with all your xtr kit sweet

they are light as hell aswell

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PACE-RC36-SUSPENSION-FORKS-/140658113623?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20bfe07c57

or these, are lovely, if you dont mind spending a fair bit

come with the v brake boss clamps aswell if you look in one of the pics

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-PACE-RC36-EVO-Pro-Class-EDDIE-IRVINE-forks-stem-/300632771142?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item45ff1c0a46

you sire, are a legend for reminding me about those....always used to wish for a pair way back when i got the bike (its a '99 mount vision pro with manitou sx carbons)

think old school paces are the way to go, with a new school carbon rigid xc frame

thanks ;)

sweeeeet, a mate of mine has an old school klein, pace forks, king hubs, xtr v brakes, sram x0 gripshift

old school is cool!

wev had plenty of old mount visions in for repair (im a mechanic at a bike shop)

youll be happy to know that they last forever, id probably keep the frame if i were you, they are so fun to ride.

and on the offchance you do manage to crack it, marin warranty is second to none

if you still have the original reciept they just replace it for you.

the nearest modern replacement is the new mount vision with a fox rp2 shock, had a few very happy customers when this has been the case.

sweeeeet, a mate of mine has an old school klein, pace forks, king hubs, xtr v brakes, sram x0 gripshift

old school is cool!

wev had plenty of old mount visions in for repair (im a mechanic at a bike shop)

youll be happy to know that they last forever, id probably keep the frame if i were you, they are so fun to ride.

and on the offchance you do manage to crack it, marin warranty is second to none

if you still have the original reciept they just replace it for you.

the nearest modern replacement is the new mount vision with a fox rp2 shock, had a few very happy customers when this has been the case.

sounds very good, the frame will definately be kept for some use, even as a wall hanging!

that is good to know, the swingarm bearings have just gone on it and needed fixed/replaced...pretty much what brought the thoughts of having an update on. i have all original documents etc so will go down that route if they are that helpful

thanks alot for the info

thats ace then yeah marin are the only company iv come across with a true lifetime warranty

no questions asked replacement. we'v done quite a few hardtails, only a few full sus frames (all of these are years and years old, some 10years or older)

and one guy who hammers his rigid urban "marin point reyes" so much that i think hes on his 3rd frame and 2nd pair of forks

old school z1 bam`s. quite possibly the best suspension fork ever made. gotta be orange with cnc brace plate (bam- bomber aerospace material)

That was my original thought, I couldnt get any Z1 bams so got the Z3QR20, last of the forks with the awesome bolt on cnc brace, probably not quite as light though!

old school z1 bam`s. quite possibly the best suspension fork ever made. gotta be orange with cnc brace plate (bam- bomber aerospace material)

that brings back memories too...they were nice, but the paces with xtr calipers will look amazing and remind me a little of the forks i used to want but couldnt afford (being 13/14 at the time).... going to hunt round for them when i sort it out :)