Bike Value Advice

CurtisRider

It's been quite some time since i have ventured into this part of the forum! I haven't ridden trials properly in quite some time, and i think it is finally time to let go of my bike so that somebody else can have some fun on it and so that it can fund some shiny new tools for my workshop.

Its a home built frame, mig welded and made from a random assortment of tubing from other frames. It has quite extreme looking geometry, but it spins, manuals and hops an absolute treat! The frame has not shown any signs of wanting to die yet, but i can't guarantee how long it will last.

The spec:

Ashton forks

Avid BB7 front brake, 185mm

Avid FR1 levers

Avid SD7 rear v, linear slick cable

Azonic DW 2.5 riser bars (like hens teeth now!)

3 piece cranks (they may be DMR, i am not totally sure)with DMR bash and middleburn 22t ring

DMR V8 pedals

FSA headset

Hope trials rear hub on Onza Ronnie rim

Novatech front hub on custom drilled Atomlab DHR and XTR QR

FSA 90x15 stem

Super comfy BMX grips

Velo carbon/Ti seat

KMC Kool chain

Tioga FS100 front tyre

Kenda Rear tyre

P3081276.jpg

What sort of figure should i be looking at asking? Would i be better off just breaking it? Obviously the frame isnt perfect, but its certainly good fun and rides like a streety 24 should do!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Paul Oliver
  • Like 1

i wouldn`t sell it mate. if you put in all the hard graft and skinned knuckles to build it, would you want someone else riding it? and possibly breaking it? i know i wouldn`t. You can`t put a price on a one off home made piece of pride. this would be my suggestion, but don`t listen to me i`m just a silly old man :D

The thing is, i have built so many things myself that it doesn't bother me overly. My pride lays within more recent projects that i have done and i have another full suspension frame that i am halfway through :)

I will measure up and get the geo when i am home, i can't remeber off the top of my head. All i know is its short, has a high bb and is stupidly good fun!