Sticky Piston?

Wingerz

When I pull the lever there's alot of play before there is any pressure and the pads move. So I took the lever blade off and used some pliars to pull the piston out a mm or two, this completely got rid of the play in the lever but when ever I pull the lever in again the piston goes back to the original position.

Is this a sticky piston? If so how do I get rid of the problem?

Hope this made sense

Cheers

Henry

Sounds like you have air in the system if it takes a while for both pistons to move.

I think a sticky piston is where both pistons don't move at the same time, due to crap stuck in one of the bores so there's friction; hence the other one moves first.

Try a re-bleed and see if it solves your issue.

EDIT -- Oops I didn't realise you were talking about your master piston! Has it been bled with water? If so, if you remove the master piston completely, remove both the lip seal and the o-ring and give it a very very light sand it shouldn't get stuck anymore.

Edited by dann2707

bleed it first if that doesn`t work pump the pistons out with the lever and spray tome teflon based lube on, should coat the pistons and unstick them, whilst not eating away at the seals. always worked for me. try running an oil bleed for a bit if you running a water bleed, the system may need some lubrication inside the slaves.

I took the piston out, sanded it slightly and streched the spring. It's still not perfect but much better than before, I think the piston needs to be sanded slightly more but it works well enough for now. Thanks for the help :D

Take the piston back out and Cover the piston with a thin layer of grease i have used a few different types but I have found this one to be the best click here

Here a tutorial Link

I've already got some of that so I think I'll give it a try and rebleed it then hopefully it should be working well, cheers for the help :)

You don't need to fully bleed it just put some grease on the piston put it all back together then bleed it from the lever, Just open the bleed bolt on the lever in a bowl of water and press in and out till no bubbles come out then put bolt back in under the water :)