Dmr Dee Vee Rim Brake Surface

LEON

Right, you know the rims, came on the old fourplays from tarty.

I got 1 today and it's as if the last owner's had it f**king waxed or something, I washed it all with soapy water, let it dry, took my pads out, roughed them up on a brick, and I still can't even get tar to stick to the rim.

I DID talcum powder my tube up before hand & some did get on the rim, but this should be long gone after 2 washes.

Obviously I have smooth rims and I've never had a problem before, the little machined ridges on the suraface are much finer than any rim I've had before so maybe that's not helping, but I know people use these rims un-ground no problem, so what's on my rim & how can I get it off?

Ta.

Edited by LEON

Don't think I have any meths at the mo, white spirit a no go? It's always worked in the past but I have a bad feeling.

I used a very mild brilloa pad, did nothing, I really wanna try anything I can before scratching it up with emery etc.

Would the talcum powder have this much effect?

Don't think I have any meths at the mo, white spirit a no go? It's always worked in the past but I have a bad feeling.

I used a very mild brilloa pad, did nothing, I really wanna try anything I can before scratching it up with emery etc.

Would the talcum powder have this much effect?

Leon..Dont want to scare you..but erm..maybe a grind??

I know someone who uses them smooth and his are fine, I just need to know the best way to get this unwanted crap off it.

Meths then?

Yea, go meths with a brillo pad. Smooth rims are the way to go for rim brakes (Y)