Suspension Forks On A Trials Bike?

Crazy Drummer

Its definitely not a dj, dj's wouldn't use a rear magura and what looks to be a front hope mono, correct me if im wrong, same with that sergibot guy, he used suspension ones, forgot his real name...

EDIT - his name is ryan leech, thats the one!!

Edited by Callumm

yeah suspension on propper trials is a big no no because of the weight. As for street riding of any sort rigids are generally perfered because it is simply not neccissary.

Have a word with Hans Ray, Ryan Leech and Jeff Lenosky...

Edited by AndrewEH1
  • Like 1

A lot of the American/Canadian scene used to use suspension forks back in the day. I know a few still do, so it's not so uncommon over there. I'd imagine a lot of it is sponsor based to look more like a 'real bike' but that's pure speculation.

Its definitely not a dj, dj's wouldn't use a rear magura and what looks to be a front hope mono, correct me if im wrong, same with that sergibot guy, he used suspension ones, forgot his real name...

EDIT - his name is ryan leech, thats the one!!

He meant Marzocchi DJ forks I think...

Marzocchi-Dirt-Jumper-3-zoom.jpg

Edited by Alex Dark

well, yohan triboulat has a team that do shows, one of the riders is a street/slopestyle rider. it might be that guys bike...

Its not as the components of the bike are ones which would be found on a trials bike not on a DJ bike, e.g. Maggy HS33 rear brake and a disc front, the super small gearing.

Ive got 3 sets of bombers. brill for jump / street bikes .. Ive got my oldest bombers on my rex think theyre 1996 I run them at 95 pound in each bear in mind theyre only air with an upgraded rebound cartridge and they're stupidly hard. yet on my cross dual sus I only run 65 gives it that ease and rock for riding. for trials you'd have to have lockoffs ive only got mine on cos i love pump tracks and downhill .

• 6 months later...