Using Two Pad Types At Once?

the mysterious leemur

So recently I have been comparing the differences between Heatsink yellows and TNN LGMs to see which is better and as I misplaced one of the pads I decided I'd try a LGM on one side and a heatsink on the other . It works very surprisingly well actually , the bite and hold is really good and gave off a pretty nice sound ( better than just LGMs) .

Has anybody else tried this ? I'm considering doing something along the lines of the be-green pad next time I need to refill :rolleyes:

Edited by the mysterious leemur
  • Like 2

I've just tried be green pads on my bike and there impressive!. Expensive but money well spent! Best grab them quick I think there limited edition!.

But two diffent pads at once sounds interesting! Could get a nice range of advantages!. :)

• Like 1

Pretty sure just about everyone was doing this 'back in the day'. I know for sure I did in my compy days, although I can't remember which pads I used. It kind of died down when better pads came out over the years.

• Like 1

Pretty sure just about everyone was doing this 'back in the day'. I know for sure I did in my compy days, although I can't remember which pads I used. It kind of died down when better pads came out over the years.

Yea everyone used to use Zoo green for its bite and a Koxx browns for its hold. Thats when pads weren't as good though! Uneven wear rate was the main disadvantage other than that it doesn't really matter if you want to experiment, most new pads are good enough to run the same set though.