Advice Needed On Drilling Forks

ooo

I have fed my brake line through my forks using a gusset hole in head, but now because of the shape at the bottom of my forks, my foot jamming is compressing my brake line against the inside of the fork. Its going to break if i keep doing it. So i need to cut an oval shaped hole in the fork higher up to let the brake line out. I would just like some opinions on how to do it or alternatives first.

dscf4673.jpg

If you're standing on that you're doing it seriously wrong. Unless it's a rear mounted brake, in which case you'll always be f**ked.

It'll be fine how it is dude.

I think what he´s doing is getting his foot between forks and tyre?My advice is,buy wider shoes!it looks impossible to fit normal sized shoe in there :P Or just don´t do footjams on trials bike.

Edited by ghostrider88

lol, my foot fits in there fine, but I wedge it in quite far and the brake line rubs on the inside of the fork.

also just for clarity im not talking abut the crossover, its the slave to lever line.

:P Or just don´t do footjams on trials bike.

: but i can only do about four things, and I've nearly got these down....

... and no, im not ready to go brakeless...

If you're putting your foot in the forks, may i refer you to my previous point of "doing it wrong"

You should have your foot sideways, not pointing forward and lodged in between the fork legs. As said, make a foot jam plate if it's that much of an issue.

If you're putting your foot in the forks, may i refer you to my previous point of "doing it wrong"

You should have your foot sideways, not pointing forward and lodged in between the fork legs. As said, make a foot jam plate if it's that much of an issue.

Yes I have been doing it totally wrong then, I will try it the other way, it will save me loads of hassle, thanks for the advice!!! (Y)