Removing Hs33 Piston

williams

YOO again... So I have a 2011 magura, with a swollen piston since it's waterbled. I Wan't to know how to remove the piston on this lever, I have already remowed the the lever itself from wires etc.

when I pulled the lever without any wires attached to it, It came out a blue bubbly thick liquid... Is this normal to? :o

Any help would be appreciated! :)

not sure on the design of the new levers exactly but when i had to get it out of on 05 i think i just put the syringe in the hole for the tube and left the bleed valve in and forced water in til it popped out by giving the syringe a bloody good push. Obviously the lever blade has to come off first! Hope that helps?

not sure on the design of the new levers exactly but when i had to get it out of on 05 i think i just put the syringe in the hole for the tube and left the bleed valve in and forced water in til it popped out by giving the syringe a bloody good push. Obviously the lever blade has to come off first! Hope that helps?

Ok thanks mate! :) A quick question, do you know if you could use vaseline on the slaves?

So I got evrything out from the lever, the only things in there where a plastic piece with some seals and rubber things on one side. Am i going to sand the rubber thing?

BTW it fell out a fether to... It's my first time ever....

done this yesterday with the help of t.f.....dont sand down the rubber rings just the bottom solid plastic half ! only a few mm

OK, ther's a side with rubber things, and a side with plastic. So I should sand the plastic part?

Im not a retard, just wan't to double check mate! :)

OK, ther's a side with rubber things, and a side with plastic. So I should sand the plastic part?

Im not a retard, just wan't to double check mate! :)

Yes,the rubber thing is the O-ring,you don´t wanna touch this,just the platic part of the piston.Also just like I said in the other thread,you can(and should) use some grease(vaseline) on it just not copper grease ;)

Yes,the rubber thing is the O-ring,you don´t wanna touch this,just the platic part of the piston.Also just like I said in the other thread,you can(and should) use some grease(vaseline) on it just not copper grease ;)

Thanks mate, it's all fixed now, and working really good, so far ;) The vaseline worked really good to, so thanks for your help mate, really appreciate it.

Have a nice day/

William

Edited by williams

not sure vaseline is ideal. It's petroleum based and when i used something similar on seals at work i got a moody message left about it breaking down the seals so maybe clean up and just use a bit of bearing grease?

Yeah I have some lithium grease at my dads work, but this where only for now so I could ride for a hour or two.