Ebay Bmx Forks-Legit?

Blake

Came across these forks and the weight seems too low to be real, does anyone know anything about them and if they're worth getting? My BMX could do with a new lease of life with some light forks, so it can actually bunnyhop over a foot. . .thank you :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-BMX-FORK-BRAND-NEW-PURPLE-YELLOW-4130-CRO-MO-STEERER-/251043664688?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3a735e5330#ht_500wt_1204

My friend had a pair which are now on my tramp bike. There not too bad, comes with an M25 topcap for good looks.

Tad heavy but still amazing for their pricetag. GET EM >_<

Do you know the weight?

About the same as my old Kamakazie V2's so around the 2.2 mark out of memory.

To be honest, they aren't that bad, the only thing i have found to let them down is the M25 bolt is cheese, but for £10 get a colony ratchet type one. Probably a bit on the tanky side, i own a set of 20/20 forks now and they are 1.8-1.9 but the kamakazie v3's are like 2.1.

In conclusion for £15 get them. Im thinking of buying them a few of them, spraying them, drilling a larger hole and selling them on for around the 30 mark.

Yeah might buy some then, but i'll probs have to file the mounts to 14mm.

Will they transfer over from my DK eight pack forks fine? Do BMX forks have a threaded steerer (internally)?

GT forks are bad i hawe a bmx better look up to proper or smt like that, they are pricyer but better i don't know but check www.parbmx.com or www.chainreactioncycles.com there are much better forks.

Edited by Pingviiins

Nick Cooke has reccommended some helium forks, might try and save up.

I messaged the people selling the GT forks and they said they actually weighed 2.6lbs. which is still okay I think?

WTP helium's aren't amazing, i had a set last year, and the drop-outs bent to the point of eating my front wheel bearings. I'm now using Federal 20/20 forks and there beast, light, strong and pretty cheap, http://www.sourcebmx.com/product/forks/federal-20/20-fork-v2/8051.shtml .

2.6 for a set of forks isnt too bad, but noticeable nonetheless.

Trouble is I have 14mm dropouts (no fancy sealed bearings for me)

I'm pretty shit at BMX so I don't need the lightest forks in the world, just something lighter than my standard DK's. . .

They would be better, but a 10mm hub can be fairly cheap? e.g http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/6662/Fly_Front_Hub_2006 mega cheap! and sealed. to be honest if your building on budget http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/category/261/Components_Clearance some alright deals and upgrades. It is always nicer to have a lighter bike :).

Width i aim for 28/29, but with a big rise, i currently use the Primo Samsquash bars (spelling?) which come in at 28 x 8.7 higher bars are so much nicer than smaller ones. I see a lot of riders run Mutiny glams, but after owning a set for 5 moths, and then bending then, im not too keen; though i have heard good things about the glamroids, but there lower than mine so meh.

Good tip, run around 40-50 psi for street. Dry, clean, well maintained concrete park, 100 psi. makes the bikes come up nicer. Also the stem has loads to do with how a bike feels, for the love of god, don't get a down low stem. Sososo pointless.