Bolt Help !

trialsiain

get a torx head bit that will grip the hex part, or dremel a slot into the top of the bolt so you can get a screwdriver in it. try warming up the frame, GENTLY though. the ally will expand faster than the steel, providing you dont go mental your heat treating won't be affected. whilst warming up try turning the bolt at the same time

Odd...shouldn't happen make sure you properly grease your screws in future. Have you tried a flat headed screw driver and plenty of lubricant? I'm assuming you've loosened the other bolt off completely to make it a little easier to remove.

Dremel the head off, take the clamps off, mole grips the bolt out!.

That should do it

Worst case scenario you'll have to hacksaw the top part of the magura mount clamp (sorry).

Edited by SunnyBoy

Odd...shouldn't happen make sure you properly grease your screws in future. Have you tried a flat headed screw driver and plenty of lubricant? I'm assuming you've loosened the other bolt off completely to make it a little easier to remove.

That should do it

Worst case scenario you'll have to hacksaw the top part of the magura mount.

tried it all :/ will it of stripped all of the alloy threads ? Edited by trialsiain

First, I'd try getting something to take the screw head off to get the clamps off in one piece!

When I say the magura mount - I meant the top part of the clamp sorry XD so it won't affect the actual frame mount, it'll just mean there's nothing resisting the screw head. Don't touch anything on the frame itself and leave the screw head in tact if you try this way so you can get a screw driver or mole grips to it.

Edited by SunnyBoy

mig weld a very small bar to the top of the bolt

drill the bolt head off

hacksaw between the mounts ( you will obviously damage the mount this way ) to cut the bolt in two. That will enable you to remove the brake gubbins and just grab the exposed bolt end with mole grips :)

For future reference, you could have used some strong super glue and an old allen key. Apply some glue inside the head of the bolt, and place the allen key in it, leave it to cure/set and then you should be able to turn the allen key to take the bolt out. Now you just need to go and buy a new bolt+allen key ;)

Edited by streetrials24

For future reference, you could have used some strong super glue and an old allen key. Apply some glue inside the head of the bolt, and place the allen key in it, leave it to cure/set and then you should be able to turn the allen key to take the bolt out. Now you just need to go and buy a new bolt+allen key ;)

thanks good idea, but the bolt was that weak and rusted it snaped when i tried to remove it