Gas And Electric

isitafox

Quick question, could people please let me know on average how much gas they use a year/6 months/quarter and how much they spend??

Just trying to sort out moving to a new supplier and I've checked our latest meter readings taken last week and apparently in the last 6 months we've used, wait for it, 1053209kwh of gas coming to a grand total of £34260.91.

Now I know we do a bit of cooking and the like but a 3 bed semi could not possibly use that amount of gas in 6 months and I'll be damned if I've smelt a gas leak from somewhere other than my arse!!!

For one person living in a 3 bed house (whos not there alot admittedly) mine comes to ~£15 month for gas and £15 month electric.

Gas powers (pretty new Worcester combi) boiler only, which runs my hot water/heating. Electricity runs everything else. Power shower heats its own water using elec.

What were your previous and current readings? I made this mistake once, if you've given them a 6 digit number, they only want the first 4.

Not sure as they took the readings themself, will be on the case tomorrow. I told the missus to turn the heating down!

NPower have just changed their main system for the doing of many things over to a new system. We're with NPower too here and they've f**ked our stuff up as well. But my mate who works there says it's all sorted now, just a case of clearing up the mess.

Just do a meter reading yourself, ring them up, tell them what the reading was and be all "bitch please". Be fine.

• Like 2

Ours has messed up since day one but im not complaining nor saying anything more. But i wonder if anybody could help:

When we moved in we found two of the same electric meters one reading 0 and the other one 1000ish any idea why two?

N Power workers are really on the ball, phone conversation with a guy went like this earlier;

ME - I checked my usage online and I think the reading for the gas is wrong as it worked out that my next gas bill would be around £34000 so I'm ringing with the correct reading

N POWER BLOKE - No problem whats the reading you've got

ME - 16258

N POWER BLOKE - Hmmm, there must have been a mistake with the last reading as you would have received a ridiculously overpriced bill for that

ME - No shit, that's what I just told you. That's why I'm ringing!

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 1