The Start Of My 08 Echo Pure Build

Burglarboycie

Hi all

So i decided to abandon the Speedrace frame after so many stories about problems with the frame and the fact it was a re-weld. I got this '08 Echo Pure instead. It came in a very dark grey/blue/black sort of colour so it underwent a session with the Nitro-Mors. I also did a few more of my own weight saving modifications. I removed the rear end of the top tube

20120716_175537.jpg

and did my own headtube cutout

20120716_175521.jpg

It also has holes in the bb shell

So this is how it looks so far, with my Trialtech SL stem

20120716_175433.jpg

When i have some more spare time i will give the frame a good going over with wire wool etc to shine it up a bit

What do you reckon so far? Also with this stem (130mm 25degree rise) how mant headset spacers would people recommend that i use?

Thanks for looking

James

Edited by Burglarboycie

Upload it to Photobucket then link it from photobucket to here.

It seems just as good as the hope mono trial I had on my mod, not too sure on the weight. PM me if you're still interested so we don't spam this thread :)

Haha no worries, my iPhone has a photobucket app which makes my life so much easier.

Use caustic soda to remove anodized paint.

Also, use the %7Boption%7D link option to show pictures in the thread instead of a direct link. :)

• Like 1

Its nicely put together i must admit, neat welds etc. I have heard that the rear brake mounts are in a bit of an odd place though?! I will see how i get on when the time comes to fit wheel/brake etc.

Pic of frame and forks together

20120630_130220.jpg

Excuse Elvis (my Labrador) he always wants to come out to the garage when i go out there!

What do you reckon, strip the forks or stick with black? Im leaning towards staying black at the moment

Cheers

James

Edited by Burglarboycie

It was cracked near the headtube but was welded by a friend of the previous owner. And a damn good job he has done too!! Reckon the headtube will be stronger now thanks to the addition of a rather burly weld. I hope i dont get these issues with the mounts, ive heard very mixed opinions. Most people who have not had issues with them say they ride really nice so im willing to put the time into the set up etc to make it work. Plus i paid literally nothing for it so its worth a go!

Cheers

James