Building My Dreambike!

Skorp

Hi

I'm waiting for my frame, but its never coming..

IMG_8528.jpg

Spec:

BB7 caliper, Ti bolts clamping the caliper together and for clamping the wire.

Aztec Wave 200mm Disc with Hope TI bolts

Brake Authority Ceramic brakepads

Ti bolts on all of the brake mounts.

Avid Ultimate Brake Lever.

Goodridge wire and housing.

Can't wait to brake with this baby ;D

Will post more parts soon!

Edited by Skorp
  • Like 1

Wtf...

Im not sure if im being a nob or just saying what everyone else is thinking. But what an utterly pointless and stupid thread to start.

Again.. Correct me if im wrong.

... What a joke.

Edited by Carlperkins
  • Like 2

Surely ceramic pads need to be hot to work properly, trials wont generate the heat will it?

Also I would prefer to keep steel bolts in the calliper as titanium ones will be more likely to stretch under load. They might be fine though :)

Jeap, utterly poitless thread.

The ceramic pads will tolerate more heat than a normal pad. But the biting is also much better compared to standard and heavy duty pads..Its just a test as i have never tried anything else than original pads before. And these pads seem to be the best pads out there :)

Its only a Fork with a brake and a wheel, have not built the bike yet! therefor only a brakecheck thread instead of bikecheck ;)

i will take pix of the goodridge wire when i get the bike built up :P

Edited by Skorp

Why soo grumpy Carlperkings?

here, I've uploaded some more pics for you :)

IMG_8536.jpg

Avid Ultimate calipers,

Avid Ultimate Levers

HeatsinkYellow pads

Goodridge housing

IMG_8534.jpg

Syntace VRO 20x110/130 stem

Syntace VRO lowrider 7075

All Ti bolts

IMG_8533.jpg

Rearwheel:

Chris King singlespeed hub

Sapim Race black spokes

Trialtech SL rim

Continental Rubberqueen Black Chili Tyre

Trialtech Carbon spacers

Bonz Alloy cog

Frontwheel:

(Brakespecs listed above)

Trialtech Fork

Rockman hub with Ti bolts

Sapim race black spokes

Trialtech Square Hole front rim

Continental RaceKing Supersonic tyre

IMG_8537.jpg

Crank Brothers Cobalt SL headset

Edited by Skorp

26"

It's going to have alittlebit "oldschool" geo.

25+ bb

380CS

1080WB

72HA

So it will be okey for rolling stuff, manuals and to a little degree, some street.

It's mainly just going to be a feelgood bike, with all the parts i have wanted since i started riding trials . Almost all bolts are TI or alloy. This dosn't make me ride better, it just make me more satisfied with the bike.Makes a nice quality touch to it, make me want to ride it even more.

IMG_8541.jpg

Middleburn Rs7 175mm ( HARD to come by these days. Thanks to Matt Vandart for getting me these!!)

TNN 18t Bashringcog

Echo SL alloy crankbolts

Echo Cage pedals with TI axle and bolts

Trialtech Lite bottombracket

Edited by Skorp

Awesome, good to have another triton on here!

Be careful of the titanium screws into the frame, always use loads of copperslip because they will be very quick to cold weld themselves solid, last thing you need to happen :(

Geometry is very close to my '06 deema, 5mm less on the chainstays but otherwise pretty much identical, very much looking forward to seeing the finished bike :)

Do you know if the frame is going to have steel or titanium canti bosses? If they're titanium then I would leave steel screws in the rear brake, the weight saving of a couple of grammes would be negligible compared to possibly getting them stuck in there, that said, using a rear vee means that you shouldn't need to undo them near as much compared to a 4 bolt maggie :)

Edited by forteh
  • Like 1

Do you know if the frame is going to have steel or titanium canti bosses? If they're titanium then I would leave steel screws in the rear brake, the weight saving of a couple of grammes would be negligible compared to possibly getting them stuck in there, that said, using a rear vee means that you shouldn't need to undo them near as much compared to a 4 bolt maggie :)

I'm going to have maggie mounts and a heatsink vees adapter.. This is so i always can adjust so that the vees calipers hit the rim at 90*

I have the choice of alloy bolts, or steel.. think im going with steel :)

People still use flat bars?!

They are not flat! Its a very small rise, but all the angles are like a normal riserbar.