Cracked Bb7

Andeee

Had a really bad catching on my front disc today as i went for a ride on my day off. Spent ages trying to fix it to then realise i cracked my front brake calliper.

I crack my forks in 3 places last week and this week i crack a brake this is a very bad/expensive month urghhh

Anyone every cracked or broke a bb7?

I got it in september 2006 so it has lasted a fair while which i am pleased with i have a new one on order through work.

Andy

417710_10151295755299572_1853736046_n.jpg

Broke 2 of the silver ones, one i re-welded to last another 2 weeks before it snapped.

As Nick says the black ones are balls, but just usable.

There's one they made before the current (post 07 ), and before the older style ( pre 07 ) that if i remember correctly was stronger and slightly heavier duty.

Otherwise, those Onza cable discs seem to have lots of power and I personally haven't seen one snapped.

Edit: £30 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17722

Edited by Alex Dark

My older lads BB7 has just cracked near the top mount. It was an older one and SH but has lasted him two years. It has been a great brake so easy to set up. New one will be a Hope set up. Younger lad has a new BB7 for over a year and is still working great. No cpmplaints as these brakes get a hard life? They have had a HS33 with Echo master and a complete Echo disk set up and they have been just the worst product I have ever dealt with.