Subscriptions?

Plus, the way I read it, the idea is that there will be money in the TF fund to put back into the sport in whatever way you see fit? If so, excellent.

This is true. I don't think me and Danny are going to be able to retire off it! But just for clarity, read sport/forum (for example, "TF" has paid for these stickers). Basically I don't see us taking the cash and spending it on booze and hookers. If it means in the future that we portion off some of the subscription revenue and team up with some retailers to offer free postage for subscribers, or help get some equipment for a competition or event, or donate some prizes to some sort of competition, then that'd be pretty cool. That's purely speculative though, so don't quote me on it!

• Like 1

This is true. I don't think me and Danny are going to be able to retire off it! But just for clarity, read sport/forum (for example, "TF" has paid for these stickers). Basically I don't see us taking the cash and spending it on booze and hookers. If it means in the future that we portion off some of the subscription revenue and team up with some retailers to offer free postage for subscribers, or help get some equipment for a competition or event, or donate some prizes to some sort of competition, then that'd be pretty cool. That's purely speculative though, so don't quote me on it!

:shifty:

• Like 1

I've gotta say... this seems like a bad idea.

There's already a huge number of arguments on here.

I can't help but think that this would create yet another divide that people are likely to fall out over. (It's far less trivial than the angle of someone's bars, for instance.)

Having what are effectively "premium members" seems like a bad idea in a place that's been free since forever.

If someone could send off £20, and then think they have the moral high ground 'cause they support the forum more than non-donaters, I can imagine a lot of shit being flung.

It'd also put some small amount of pressure on forum regulars to donate if they see everyone else doing so, and they might not be able to.

I know I'd feel a bit of a cheapskate if other people donated and were given flags as a reward. I wouldn't be able to donate at the minute as I'm struggling financially, so it'd make me feel as if I couldn't go against what a donater was saying since they've put more support in the forum than I.

In having two classes of members, you instantly create a hierarchy.

Senior Members scheme works as it's input based, not donation based.

I'd recommend TF Merch, instead.

...Or anything else, really. If people want to just make a donation, they should have to do so anonymously. I don't think advertising that they supported it is a good idea.

• Like 2

Honestly don't know what I think about this.... If you are to do it I'd say £5 per year or £15 1 off payment. This coming from a student / JSA income, I expect my opinion on the value of money will change in 2 weeks when I start my job though! If your talking £20 then I'd say its too high, I'm always bitter about paying an xbox subscription and I get something extra for that!

Honestly don't know what I think.

Like I said in the other topic (having not read this) if you would like more donations then you should be making it more visible, since being here I've known that you can donate but I can't find how to on the site anywhere. As soon as I found out I donated an amount I can afford.