Echo Pure Project

SunnyBoy

Just in the process of building up my new Echo Pure 08 build! - Thanks to a fair few people on the forum!

Just the brakes need setting up and it's ready to go! - I have since sorted the chain length and tension (I only had it so long to line up the chainline)

echol.jpg

Spec:

Frame: Echo Pure 08

Forks: Echo Urbans

Stem: Trialtech sport

Bars: Try-all Elites

Front wheel: Circus monkey hub on inspired drilled rim

Rear wheel: Hope pro2 trials on Echo urban

Cranks: Middleburn 16t + Ti bash

BB: Trialtech

Tyres: Try-all

Brakes: Echo TR rim and disc

I'm completely in love with the older Pure's look - nice mix of curves and sleekness :P

Edited by SunnyBoy

Didn't it have a dent in the top tube with weird metal fillings? Wouldn't trust that one bit :/

Looks nice other than the chain though, the frame always looks weird when I'm used to seeing the 2011+ ones having a straight line top tube all the way to dropouts haha.

Yeah it has a nasty dent but it hasn't got any filling, although to be honest I'm not going to be using this frame for too long - just until I start getting paid really. It's all finished now, chain's shortened and neatly tensioned. Front brake sorted and cables routed. Fitted an '05 maggie for now but may bleed the Echo TR and fit that if I can be bothered :P

Only had one ride on it and have already gapped the furthest I've ever been able - just over 8ft (which is pretty good for me seeing as I'm used to streety geometry :P) Hoping to get to 9' this week.

I like the newer Echo 'straight look' but I think the older ones always look nicer. A lot of modern frames seem to completely abandon style for weight and efficiency which don't really inspire me to be honest.

I would like to see that.

Same here :P 8ft doesn't look too bad when I go for it - although I'm landing pretty hard with anything over 7ft, but 9ft just seems impossible! I think if I work on my pinch gaps I might get it one day though! I'll try get a video if I manage to nail it.

Edited by SunnyBoy

Didn't it have a dent in the top tube with weird metal fillings? Wouldn't trust that one bit :/

I have never hit the top tube once, So even if it did have a dent it would not bother me in the slightest :P

Looks great, I Iove the look of the old pures.

• Like 2