Brakes!

holymush

No, don't heat it up! Buy http://www.tartybike...s/c5p10026.html these. Stick them in a vice and clamp the hose in the middle. Tap the barbed fitting in with a hammer.

I've never done this successfully, even when using clamps. I always find the hose splits, so i heat it up for a few seconds with a lighter. Not till it melts, just to soften it up a bit

I've never done this successfully, even when using clamps. I always find the hose splits, so i heat it up for a few seconds with a lighter. Not till it melts, just to soften it up a bit

no need. use the bit mentioned above, and have approx 10-12 mm of hose poking out of the end. get an old spoke, the threaded end with a nipple attached. insert the end of the spoke into the barbed fitting, then put the whole lot into the magura hose. then give the nipple a good crack with a hammer, amd the while lot should drive in up to the hilt. repeat on other side if buliding a crossover

job done

dan

• Like 2

no need. use the bit mentioned above, and have approx 10-12 mm of hose poking out of the end. get an old spoke, the threaded end with a nipple attached. insert the end of the spoke into the barbed fitting, then put the whole lot into the magura hose. then give the nipple a good crack with a hammer, amd the while lot should drive in up to the hilt. repeat on other side if buliding a crossover

job done

dan

Hose still cracks, that's what i do.

ive always left the hose end in some hot water, then clamped in blocks and tapped in with a manc screwdriver. swearing loudly normaly helps me.

barbed fittings are certainly very gay indeed.

job done

dan

this sounds like a super top tip will be giving this a go next time i fit one,

have +1 for your wisdom sir.

job done

dan

this sounds like a super top tip will be giving this a go next time i fit one,

have +1 for your wisdom sir.

You mean like this

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/174362-useful-barb-fitting-tip/

• Like 1