Handlebars And Stem Set Up /geo For Mod

D Rock 45

Hey all

I am looking to get some wider bars for both my dj and trials bike, but mainly my trials bike. The set up i am using now is Try all nuc stem 30x150 and Simtra mc pudgy riser bars 40mm rise 700mm with the bars set forward at the same angle as the stem, i cant find the upsweep and backsweep for them but by the looks of them they dont have much of either.

Since i havent riden any other bike, i dont know what to look for to get the best set up.

So there are 4 different types of bars am looking at:

750mm, 15mm, 8 degree / 5.5 degree

750mm, 30mm, 8 degree / 5.5 degree

785mm, 15mm, 8 degree / 5.5 degree

810mm, 15mm, 8 degree / 5.5 degree

Also what set up are you running just out of intrest ?

Edit: I had a bit of a problem posting this, it took me 4 times to post it. Just kept taking my to the home page, i cant see it has duplicated but Sorry if it has

Edited by D Rock 45

Thanks for the recommendation but the reason why i have mention the 4 types on the first post is that there on sale at chainreactioncycles. £25 for a new set is not bad, my uncle has the 750mm, 15mm with hope stem on his freeride bike and there ace.

Funn Full on Risers at £25 compaired to Trial tech risers at £50, i will be getting two bars one for my dj and one for my trials bike.

its looking like i might change my stem to as a short stem and small rise bars are going to be quite close and feel cramped

Edited by D Rock 45

I am chosing to change the bars and stem, the set up i have now feels cramped up no matter how i adjust things. Ive try bars far forward and far back and as they are now in line with the stem, made all the smallest adjustments i can to them, also i cant do much with the stem, i can drop it a half stacker.

i have some 710mm funn bars with the same geo as the full on's. you can try them and just get the stem for now while your only round the corner from me, then when you decide the bars geo is wrong get some new ones haha

Thanks its an idea, was just thinking i will change the stem only for now see if it makes a difference

I use Trialtech sport riser and a Bonz 175 x 35 stem. It is the best choice I have ever made, Having wider bars feels so much nice and I think the combo is perfect.

Before I went to this Bar and stem combo I was running tartybikes bars (Same geo as inspired riser) with an onza stem. it felt good but I needed that extra bar length.