Pashley Problem

godtrials

heyy any help would be appreciated... Im buying another (008) version Pashley and the threads on the magura mounts on the frame are shredded out :( ... Iv been told that heli coil wouldnt work because the mounts are too thin :/.. Do you reckon liquid metal / chemical metal would work???

Please HELP me in in need of the rear brake lol

thanks Damien

Just pop a nut on the back :)

PS: Bumping at 2am and after 1 hour usually doesn't get replies any faster (Y)

This, if I remember from my 26Ghz, you should be able to do this, steel frames tend to have the mounts welded on as a thin plate with room in the back for a bolt.

Alu frames use the mounts like blocks, there's a lot more material to work with than on steel frames.

The flimsy looking braze on mounts you can buy....that's what you usually get on a steel frame, old Megamo's etc. But pashley have built it like an alu frame! (Explains the weight)

My advice, give it some long forks, it's tempting to use Pashleys but the frame will come alive with some forks around 405-410mm, keep the stem minimally stacked too.

they look like the Magura braze on mounts you get with a 4 bolt clamp kit, pm me your address I'll post you some brand new ones that you can get welded on somewhere. any fabrication place should be able to weld them

on straight and in the same place for not much money. you can have them for nowt, they are just cluttering up my toolbox

Edited by bing

yeah i no its weird lol

and thanks for the offer mate but you would have to pay a postage fee because of how far apart we are and i might just get 2 jubilee clips to clamp them together to see if that would work lol

Or could i get some liquid metal and pack it in there and put a bolt in there wait for it to dry and unscrew the bolt then ill have a thread for the magura bolts to go in