Please Bring Back The Old Validation System!

Did you earn yours? :P

Bumping is an easy mistake if you aren't a forum user. Just stay out of NMC if you're really that fussed.

They keep doing it everywhere nick!

And yeah I had to earn my membership on TF, was so proud I told my dad :(

Edited by DrStix
  • Like 1

Plus the rate at which people are getting scammed seems to have gone through the roof since this came about. I wouldn't by anything on here now from anyone I didn't already know.

I was 100% against it ever being removed at the time, and can honestly see no advantage to removing it.

Anyway, that's my yearly rant about it done. It'll make no difference but never mind. :P

Nuh, it won't :P

The validation system although, sort of, in theory was a good idea, was actually a terrible idea. Stopping ALL new members from posting, and forcing them through an unfair system so they can 'prove' themselves is just unfiar, unwelcoming, and essentially just moved the problem somewhere else, and on top of that hourly emails asking us "how to post". We had something like 10,000 members unvalidated. TEN THOUSAND! just to stop the 1 or 2 a that bumped an old thread, it's not the answer.

The answer is: education. Who can do it? You, the forum oldies. No amount of validation system will stop a member who doesn't know how forums work from bumping an old thread. Telling them "mate, this is from 2006.." and reporting it is a simpler solution.

• Like 1

That's probably more down to old posts being deleted. But yeah there's going to be many many members who only post a handful of posts... maybe if there wasn't such a harsh validation system in place they would have stuck around.