32H Chris King Shells

Blake

Right, basically just got a king wheel. however it's 36h which I know is pretty outdated now, so eventually i'd like a 32h shell, but can't seem to find them anywhere on their own?

and 36h rims seemed to have disappeared, only one on tarty and it's out of stock (and monty -_-)

Only other option is to lace 36h hub to 32 hole rim, bad idea? seen a lot of threads on it but it still seems like a dark subject, some people say it sucks and others say it's fine.

So, what do I do? :S not urgent as the rim on it is okay, but want to know my options if I destroy it.

Right, basically just got a king wheel. however it's 36h which I know is pretty outdated now, so eventually i'd like a 32h shell, but can't seem to find them anywhere on their own?

and 36h rims seemed to have disappeared, only one on tarty and it's out of stock (and monty -_-)

Only other option is to lace 36h hub to 32 hole rim, bad idea? seen a lot of threads on it but it still seems like a dark subject, some people say it sucks and others say it's fine.

So, what do I do? :S not urgent as the rim on it is okay, but want to know my options if I destroy it.

It is fine, you won´t find it any different.

You can still buy the shells new;

http://www.aspirevel...CLASSIC_BMX_R32

This guy is selling a completely knackered (snapped axle etc.) King Hub for £60 (which makes mine look like an absolute steal!!!) Maybe he would do a cheap deal on shell?

http://www.trials-fo...-echo-inspired/

Or as above, just lace a 32h on there and it will be fine!

Edited by Tomy P

Just lace it up as 32h, I'd spread the missing spoke holes out though. Your hub a circle, therefore the strongest way to do it would be to have one missing on the drive side at 0 degrees, another at 180 degrees, then on the non drive side do it at 90 degrees and 270 degrees.

Now then:

383443_10151245988050498_125935934_n.jpg

One Turquiose 32h CK classic hubshell, this colour is actually very rare, I wasn't planning on getting rid, but I will never have a use for it any more! Apparently the Viz blue hubs are quite a good match for this!

And for my next trick........

Adam