New Onza Zoot Or A Secondhand Inspired?

qwertyuiop7

As the title says, looking to spend £500ish on a 24" for my teenage son.

Would I be better with a new Onza Zoot, or keep an eye out ( and may be spend a little bit extra) on a secondhand Inspired.

He isn't bothered about a pre owned bike (all his previous ones have been ) and I guess a secondhand element would have some slightly better bits on it so might be a bit longer before he wants to upgrade bits which will inevitably happen with the cheaper Onza.

But on the otherhand secondhand stuff might wear out or break before the new stuff, I am handy with a spanner so this would only be a cash issue.

He is fairly new to the street trials scene so I doubt he would be able to tell the differance between the two or be able to do more on one than the other, is one more suited to a beginner? Does one have more street creed than the other?

Thanks

Philip

Of the two, I'd take the Inspired every time.You should be able to pick up a Mk1 Fourplay for that sort of money in good condition and with a tasty spec and still have a little bit left for a few finishing touches or a couple of cans of spray to tidy up those rough edges (Y)

I am checking the for sale section on this forum daily and have a search on ebay running, should i be looking anywhere else ??

A mk1 Fourplay when did they first come out? and when did they become mk2?

Mk2 being the 2011 (perhaps even 2010) onwards. The older (original) model is most easily identified by the different dropouts and headtube.

Dropouts have cutouts and the headtube has thicker rings at the ends rather than tapering outward at these points on the newer frames (Y)

Edit;

Original frame;

GREEN_INSPIRED_01.jpg

Newer model;

large_fourplay2011.jpg

Note that there are subtle tweaks to the geometry of the 2012 frames over the 2011 despite looking almost identical. No major differences, just a few minor adjustments (check Tartybikes for specifics) :)

I am checking the for sale section on this forum daily and have a search on ebay running, should i be looking anywhere else ??

A mk1 Fourplay when did they first come out? and when did they become mk2?

pinkbike.com is fairly good but they tend to be way overpriced on there unfortunately :( You could also try putting up a wanted ad on here?

I don't know exactly but anything before 2011 is what you want really!

Edited by onza pro series guy

i run a 2012 onza zoot and would take the inspired anyday the things i have changed due to parts failing is a few.

Free wheel

Brakes

Hubs

Chain

Bars

Pedals

Aswell as the frame being a bit on the flexable side haha :)

Edited by VAMPIRE V12