Tax And Driving Lessons

CalRobbo341

I didn't do an intensive course but had 2 or 3 lessons a week and I had passed my test within 2 months of turning 17. Don't do what my sister did and had like 1 lesson every 1 or two weeks, lost motivation and lost all skill. She still hasn't passed, and she's like 27 or something. She did have a massive gap inbetween but still, get it over and done with :D

I had 17 lessons in the end, got the card on my "cool board" infront of me

As for cheap insurance - buy a van... I'm insured, on my own policy, on a 1.9 turbo vauxhall vivaro. Fully comp. At 17, with no no claims. For £600 a year. Commercial vehicles are VERY cheap to insure.

Which insurance company are you with if you dont mind me asking?

I didn't do an intensive course but had 2 or 3 lessons a week and I had passed my test within 2 months of turning 17. Don't do what my sister did and had like 1 lesson every 1 or two weeks, lost motivation and lost all skill. She still hasn't passed, and she's like 27 or something. She did have a massive gap inbetween but still, get it over and done with :D

My sister has just started again last night, thats why see didn't want to sell her car to me, I will be doing them as often as I can too, first lesson is somewhere in the week of the 19th November, purely because I have to wait for my provisional.

As for cheap insurance - buy a van... I'm insured, on my own policy, on a 1.9 turbo vauxhall vivaro. Fully comp. At 17, with no no claims. For £600 a year. Commercial vehicles are VERY cheap to insure.

I always wanted a van, purely so you can put your bike in the back, and go where you want, then I rememebered you can do that with a car too :P

+1

I had one lesson a week and passed in 15 lessons (Y)

Same, i drive a Nissan Primastar (same as Vivaro/Traffic) with 4 years no claims (protected) breakdown cover and 3 points on my lincence and i pay just over £500 a year

NFU! :) Phone for a quote at the end of the month...

My sister has just started again last night, thats why see didn't want to sell her car to me, I will be doing them as often as I can too, first lesson is somewhere in the week of the 19th November, purely because I have to wait for my provisional.

I always wanted a van, purely so you can put your bike in the back, and go where you want, then I rememebered you can do that with a car too :P

+1

I ride mototrials, cant do that with a car ;)

Same, i drive a Nissan Primastar (same as Vivaro/Traffic) with 4 years no claims (protected) breakdown cover and 3 points on my lincence and i pay just over £500 a year

Yeah, they're not exactly speed demons - but they handle bloody well for the size, and will sit at 85/90mph happily while still doing 35-40mpg!

• Like 1

If you're not in a rush to drive, an option you have is to buy a small, cheap car and get insured as a named driver. It could be a parent (or someone over 21 or whatever the requirements are) who can take you out. This is what I did, and after I took 9 lessons then my test.