Ryan Leech - Why.

bike_dummie

I think he needs to accept there are other big deals out there and he probably should go down the line of releasing small vidoes online rather than making any more DVD's - dont think he is in the right market for that now.

Manifesto was a great video! - would have preferred it with less chit chat, but I guess that padded it out for the dvd.

In 1998 when Revolution came out & we all first saw him ride, he was incredible, soooo ahead of his time, one of the very best in the world, he stayed at the top for a while.

But I'm pretty sure he has the balls & skills to still be at the sharp end these days too, even more so if he had a modern bike, but yeah he chose to demo & do what he does instead of pushing things further.

He just doesn't take the big risks anymore, he's still ridiculously precise though, I mean how many people on earth are riding/ gapping between chains?

true

his shimano xtr crankset was the most interesting thing there

• 3 weeks later...

I think that only old riders enjoy Ryan´s riding. The new school kids dont know the feeling of riding a shitty old bike with cantilevers, heavy weight and a XC geo.

I realy like is riding, the same way i like comp riders like Giles or freeriders like TRA.

But for sure i would spend more time watching Ryan videos than TGS, i like lines and manuals and combos.

That´s it.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem with this video as well as many others is the deep, personal, behind the scenes view of a riders life. I don't care for the behind scenes, up close and personal mumbo jumbo. Most of these types of vids seem to try and show you that the riders are just like you and me and that's boring. I like to believe they live the dream life I picture a pro would have. I don't want to know they work in a bike shop and live in a little apartment. Knowing too much takes away the hero status. I like to be inspired and motivated by the top riders demonstrated by their riding and use my imagination to fill in the gaps. Videos like this are not for the riders but for those who don't ride. They are for people who want to understand human behavior. It is not a riders video.