Bashring Shenanagans

trials hoe

right so i had my first wee ride on the 24 today, and in the process of doing so all the bits are tightening up properly. well this happened and i'm buggered if i can think of a way to sort this, as my halfring is now more of a sixth ring its as though the bash has gripped the fw lockring rather than the cranks when tightening fully. eitherway can i sort this without taking fw off? ie can i bash it back round with a good old hammer?

img20121107213032.jpg

It has happened to me countless times... Only way is to take it off I'm afraid. I've never managed to keep it still while tightening it up, would be great if anyone could give a solution to how to keep the half-ring in place? I've given up with them and gone with full-rings now...

Just tighten it bit by bit. If it starts to spin, loosen the freewheel off and spin the bashring round a little bit. Do that until it's tight and in the right place. You'll still usually get a tiny bit of movement once you first ride it, but you can sort of pre-empt that.

• Like 1