Would This Work Or Am I Just Being Retarded?

NervGaz

As a winter project I am rebuilding the first trials bike I had but with some better parts and some parts changed due to availability. Frame is a Barracuda Ghetto, I know it's a sack of crap this is more sentimental than anything else, and as it has pretty narrow seat stays I'm either stuck with disc on the rear or a narrow rear rim.

Originally I was gonna stick the Maggie I have lying around on but just can't fit it with a rim wider than about 28-29mm.

In a fit of bodging genius I thought I could use a V-brake booster to make myself a V to 4 bolt adapter and stick on the Tensile offset 4 bolt mounts to be able to run a slightly wider rim on the rear and still use the Maggie.

Any one tried this or have any thoughts in the idea?

The booster I'm thinking of the Outland v brake booster or something similar.

post-18548-13537623147376_thumb.jpg

Any feed back appreciated.

Considered that or just modifying the Evo II adapters the Maggie came with but the problem is that Barracuda decided to stick the brake bosses on the inside of the stays so no matter what I do I can't seem to get enough space for anything wider than the 28 ish I mentioned...

Both disc and thinner rim are considered but I've got my eye on a set of Alex DX32's going for 25 quid posted at the moment and trying to reuse as many parts as possible out of what I've got lying around to keep costs down.

As for hassle, if my estimated measurements of the booster are correct all it takes is 4 holes drilled and threaded, 4 spacers, and 4 nuts at the bottom for extra security. And it should bolt to the cross bar at the top of the seat stays as well.

Any thoughts as the how likely this plan is to fail on me?

You could drill 6 holes into the seatstays fit bottle cage rivets and bolt on a bridge cut out of alloy 5mm sheet. Then drill and thread the alloy to fit 4 point mounts. If you haven't got a rivet gun for bottle mounts try a bike shop. And if you aren't sure how to make a bridge. Jaf do custom parts,