Arm Pump Issue...

williams

So a sort of update now, I stll get the arm pumps, now really fast! After like 10-20 times under the same 'section' I get arm pumps... I had my lever in a 'my standard' position, but it's pretty fast isn't it? Can a magura get seized (A forum spelling nazi is welcome to correct that word) up when it's left unused for like 2-3 months, on a factory oil bled?

using an oil bled maggie is pretty much the worst thing you could be using for getting arm pump. A water bleed will help, but it's likely you'll still get it just not as fast.

If you really want it to go, consider getting different brakes.

Things like that grip strengthener could actually make it worse, getting more muscle means it's more likely to compress the nerves. Arm pump is caused by the blood not getting out of the arms muscles properly causing them to swell and compress the nerves, it's not a lack of strength (in fact almost the opposite).

Other than changing your brakes there area few things you can do, most have been covered in this topic but a really good thing to do is stretch really well, you could also try asprin to thin the blood a little making it easier to get out of the arms. Don't forget to drink and don't wear tight tops or gloves and keep relaxed, the more relaxed you are on the bike the better.

using an oil bled maggie is pretty much the worst thing you could be using for getting arm pump. A water bleed will help, but it's likely you'll still get it just not as fast.

If you really want it to go, consider getting different brakes.

yes, but it's like 3-20 minus degrees. So I haven't been able to waterbleed it. And I don't have anti-freeze. My maggie is pretty slow too, so I have to fix that.

I didn't had this problem with my saint (now on the front), do you have arm pump problems with your saint?

I only ride street now, I think if I entered a comp I would get arm pump with it as it's not got the most hold in the world. If I were to enter comps again (or just ride natural) I'd get a rear vee without question.

DO IT!!! :)