Arm Pump Issue...

williams

Hey guys!

So I've had this problem ever since I started riding with maguras again. After a short "section", which may last 1 minute I get arm pumps only in the right arm which I'm using for my rear magura. It's a 05' 4 finger oil bled one.

It's really annoying, is there any way to solve this? I don't want to water bleed it, and we have like -10 here too and don't have anti freeze either...

Anything that isn't rude or innappropiate is welcome!

Try lifting your lever up a bit

It was the opposite case in my experience. I used to ride with my brakes pointed right down and didn't experience too much trouble, but moved them up to try something different and that started to give me terrible arm pains/pump, so I moved them down a bit again and surely enough this stopped the pain :)

Try moving your levers around William and you may find the same thing ;)

• Like 1

Cheers everyone! Don't wan't to go back to vees again, even though I have a full set at home.

You could try wrapping an elastic band between the lever blade and bars to take away some of the spring from the lever.

Hmmm.. Could be a good idea!

Try lifting your lever up a bit

I know seems stupid but try not to grip the bars do hard, the more you can relax the better

What gloves do you have ? If they have Velcro straps don't do them up so tight

Alright will give all of that a try!

I don't know the name but they're velco straps, that's intresting because I tight them up SUPER tight!

All this is appreciated, keep the tips coming:)

Try moving your levers around William and you may find the same thing ;)

Cheers mate:)

Or maybe hes happy with how his current setups performing, but wants to rule out the one negative factor he's experiencing.

He was satisfied with vee brake setup, disc brake setup and now he went back to maggies...What I see is one hella confused begginer who don´t know what he is after. No pun intended.

Variety is nice, but not when it comes to brakes. Or freewheels. Or bikes as a whole. And yes it´s cold here, shitload of snow everywhere.

Why not? It's good to swap and change. Otherwise you may get bored, or not change to something which improves your riding. And yes snow obviously is making you miserable. Do you have snow all year round i'm guessing ({)

• Like 1

Variety is the spice of life :)

You're so miserabbbbbleeeee all the time :( Must be really cold over there. Sorry.

Yeah agreed, and I like to try new things out :)

haha might be because I only write the bad stuffs on here, when I have problems etc. I don't really write the good things. But yeah I see what you mean :)

He was satisfied with vee brake setup, disc brake setup and now he went back to maggies...What I see is one hella confused begginer who don´t know what he is after. No pun intended.

Not confused at all man, I liked my disc brake and liked the vee, but maggies was the best setup for me, therefore I'm going back to them. Get me? :)

Or maybe hes happy with how his current setups performing, but wants to rule out the one negative factor he's experiencing.

Spot on.

And yes snow obviously is making you miserable. Do you have snow all year round i'm guessing ({)

haha yeah deffo! And no, we're warmer than England summer time, but ALOT colder and have a shitload of snow winter time :)

Why not? It's good to swap and change. Otherwise you may get bored, or not change to something which improves your riding. And yes snow obviously is making you miserable. Do you have snow all year round i'm guessing ({)

Because worse parts won´t make your riding or feel of the bike any better, pretty simple to me? Also constantly changing parts won´t help. But what do I know...Also Dann you aren´t the smartest or most mature guy are you? Just kidding, I know you are a kid.

Edited by ghostrider88

Trying things is fine, but when something is perfect, why ffs would I change it?Am I not correct (A) ? Geeez. He WAS SATISFIED with his setups and kept saying how awesome they were, yet he keeps changing them. If you are satisfied, just ride that damn thing and save your money for more important or neccessary things.

He WAS SATISFIED with his setups and kept saying how awesome they were, yet he keeps changing them.

Yes I WAS satisfied, but everytime I changed (Example Vee to disc) I found out that the new thing where even better. And ever since I did go dual disc, I've missed the loud brakes because it made riding that extra bit of fun! I can't put my finger on why, but it's just "my thing".

Yes I WAS satisfied, but everytime I changed (Example Vee to disc) I found out that the new thing where even better. And ever since I did go dual disc, I've missed the loud brakes because it made riding that extra bit of fun! I can't put my finger on why, but it's just "my thing".

That explains it ;)

Im a key candidate for this sort of thing.

I used to go through brake pads at a silly rate. I mean, silly. I figured it out, and in one year, if all the pads I had bought were new, I would have spent over £260 on brake pads alone. Now thats not including the fact to run those setups I had to change forks to allow me to run front Magura, the brakes themselves, and the other variables that come into it, such as grinding discs and such. I even bought a new rear rim for the sake of trying my brake on a smooth rim again. Even disc brakes, I had two mono trials within a year, both of which I no longer use/own.

Im even wanting to try front mag instead of a vee on my 24", which would neccessatate new forks, new brake and clamps. But I want to do it, so why not? And Im

building another Mod, just 'caus I want something fresh feeling now and then

Now of course, I know what I like. Im far more reasonable with the stuff I buy, 9/10 times as and when I need something. You could see it as a waste of money I suppose, but it kept my enthusiasm for riding at a high. Im quite technically minded, so trying new things, different setups and seeing how it affects performance was something I enjoyed.

My riding didnt suffer as a result of all those changes.

• Like 1