26" Trials-Street Bikes?

raullofish

thanks mate,

i´ve already tried one, but snapped it last month...i had it with a Hex geo. The dropouts and the disc mount started to crack slowly until they definitely snapped one day. Since then, i don´t really trust Marino bikes anymore...sorry to say that, because I really like his custom bikes.

In Observed Trials forum I´ve been given more info: Voodoo Shanko & NS Decade 2013...what do you think?

Edited by raullofish

I don't think it's what you're after, these aren't for trials.

I just thought they had a sort of similar (not identical) geometry to the Hex and Element and would accomplish the same goal...what would you suggest if I may ask?

thanks

Edited by raullofish

Get the bloody Hex - no reason not to. The NS has some hell of a BB drop and as mentioned to get a higher BB you'd need some long ol' forks which would probably have to be of the bouncy variety but by which point you'd have slackened off the head angle (which is probably already slack) to make it horrid for trials.

What's your reason for not wanting an Inspired? Because they're common? If so there's very good reason for that. No point looking for an alternative for the sake of it to end up with a worse product.

I think buying something intended for purpose is a good idea and it's obvious the time that's gone in to them in terms of R&D so I wouldn't think twice about buying either.

If you want to be different just spray it a colour that Inspired haven't released before and it'll look completely individual.

• Like 2

Thanks, Revolver.

Hi Matthew62, don´t misunderstand me. I don´t pretend to be different at all. I would just like to save some money and pretend to find a bike cheaper than the hex/Element with similar characteristics and continue learning trials. I would be more than happy (not my wife, of course) to have a hex with me!! ;-) Did I bother you somehow? Moreover,

in Spain, apart from David Sellero, there are not many people riding around with Hex´s..soo if I bought one, I would definitely be the king of the Mambo! ;-) cheers mate, anyway.

Edited by raullofish

The element frame is £339. Can't think of many street or street-trials frames cheaper than that - let alone better. I had a MK1 Fourplay which is basically a now Element (but 24" obviously) and that last beautifully well for well over 4 years. It's now with another riding who I imagine will enjoy it for some time to come. My point is that if you do fins something say £50 cheaper I can;t imagine you'll do so well out of it so surely the small increase in initial cost is more than payed for out of the long term use you'll get.

I didn't suggest you were different, it was genuinely a question as I wasn't sure why you didn't want the Inspired? (Didn't consider the cost aspect). I would just consider cost vs value and a frame that'll last and last for a few quid more is of a much higher value then an initially cheaper frame that's not suited to your needs and may not be of equal strength.

P.S. No, there was no bother caused.

If nothing quite fits what you want, and you don't trust Marino to make you one, a Jaf is a good option.

I know my opinion's bound to be biased, but whatever :P

Edit: What about getting someone (like Jaf, perhaps ;) ) to weld you Marino up? It's plain sailing with steel, so reinforcements could be added if you wanted them.

Edited by aener
  • Like 1