Sick of sitting at home in wet weather!

jimbam

Hello guys and gals, i don't know about you but i've pretty much had it with this weather, so my question is a short one.

Does anyone have/know of anywhere sheltered/indoors with a few ledges or anything to play around on in the East Norfolk region bar Great Yarmouth indoor skatepark (preferably around or close to Diss), Also ive recently brought an Inspired team for a decent price and havent managed to get out on it much in the last month or so! Got my driving test tomorrow so hopefully il have some transport too.

My Old dear is getting fed up hearing me sigh every time i turn round in my computer chair to look outside haha, Cheers!

Jimbam

Hello guys and gals, i don't know about you but i've pretty much had it with this weather, so my question is a short one.

Does anyone have/know of anywhere sheltered/indoors with a few ledges or anything to play around on in the East Norfolk region bar Great Yarmouth indoor skatepark (preferably around or close to Diss), Also ive recently brought an Inspired team for a decent price and havent managed to get out on it much in the last month or so! Got my driving test tomorrow so hopefully il have some transport too.

My Old dear is getting fed up hearing me sigh every time i turn round in my computer chair to look outside haha, Cheers!

Jimbam

Don't blame her - got the shit outside! It's rain.... so what. I haven't ridden any less over the winter. You've got an Inspired Team......? So you've got double discs..... so your reason for not riding in the wet is?

Jump up things cleanly, bunny hop to two wheels, roll things, don't rely on a brake to hold you up and just get on with it.

Find somewhere underground or slightly sheltered if you're really that much of a girl.

Jeez with this and people talking about 'diets' I find it amazing trials is as popular as it is - can't see what the appeal to an outsider would be, everyone sounds like a bloody old woman. Strap on your big boy pants and off you go.

Edited by Matthew62
  • Like 5

Only messing, you seemed to make out that you were a hardcore Russian with no fear from previous posts you've made.

I think maybe having brakes would be a good idea in this weather? Let the tyres down a bit and try more trialsy moves compared to inspired which is manuals, bunnyhops, spins etc.

Get some maxxis hi rollers too for grip.

I want to do some big moves (drops/bunny hops/dropgaps). The problem is - I'am alone in my style of riding. All the BMXers in our city only jerking at park. It would be not so hard to get some wood and build some stuff If I was not alone. And anyway this isn't that cool as at summer. I'm f**king sick of this winter.

Edited by clerictgm

You really should stop saying f**k so much, and why not muck about at the skatepark during the winter? It won't be too hard to do that on an inspired.

Because in Russia no one cleans the roads. What happens now in skatepark I'm afraid to imagine. And there are polished concrete that gives almost zero friction in snowy conditions. Anyway I ride trials in few clean from snow places. But it's like 5% of riding opportunities in compare to summer, but anyway better than nothing.

How many snowy days in Brighton per year?

Because in Russia no one cleans the roads. What happens now in skatepark I'm afraid to imagine. And there are polished concrete that gives almost zero friction in snowy conditions. Anyway I ride trials in few clean from snow places. But it's like 5% of riding opportunities in compare to summer, but anyway better than nothing.

Fair enough, that's a shame to hear really...

Depends, some year none, some year up to a week or two at the very most.

You think you have it bad in Russia... Sometimes our bin man doesn't even come! I mean.. that's just ridiculous...

• Like 6

2411673701p_zpsf0cc6dc6.jpg

It's not enough. http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/180054-sick-of-sitting-at-home-in-wet-weather/?p=2484557 Find a shovel on the picture!

Under snow there are some packed snow and under that packed snow there are some ICY ICE. And under all that things there is an OBSTACLE.

Edited by clerictgm