Halfords BMX

sfboy

So, I bought a lovely new BMX the other day a Halfords Indi Fierce, just something for chopping around on

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_890893_langId_-1_categoryId_165765

It's a great bike for a smidge over £50, but there's just one problem - the bloody seatpost will not tighten.

So my question to those that work at Halfords or those in the know is: is this a common problem and one that can be fixed easily or am I better off just accepting it's a cheap bike and shim it myself.

It's a shame, because otherwise it's great, but I'm using it more as a small commuting bike, so need a seat from time-to-time, is it worth the effort to take it back to get fixed/replaced?

I work at halfords and I know from experience that the seat clamp nuts are forever stripping the threads on the nut side of the clamp. Just get a nylock nut the same size as the one that came off the bike and tighten it up! No problem! :) the indi fierce is a canny little bike for how cheap it is!

• Like 1

Simply take it back to your local halfords store, explain the problem and the should provide you with another nut and bolt. Failing that try an open ended nut, this should help the seat clamp tighten up without the obstruction of the cap on the original nut. and leave it there...

• Like 7

I work at halfords and I know from experience that the seat clamp nuts are forever stripping the threads on the nut side of the clamp. Just get a nylock nut the same size as the one that came off the bike and tighten it up! No problem! :) the indi fierce is a canny little bike for how cheap it is!

Cheers for the advice, I'll take a look at it again tomorrow with that in mind. My only concern is that the nut feels tight, but the seatpost doesn't, almost like the post is a few mm to small in diameter

Cheers for the advice, I'll take a look at it again tomorrow with that in mind. My only concern is that the nut feels tight, but the seatpost doesn't, almost like the post is a few mm to small in diameter
No no it's just the face the inside of the capped nut has stripped so it's making it feel tight when it's really got hold of no threads! A nylock nut always sorts US out!! :)
  • Like 1