Echo Pure '04

riddler

Hello all! It's being a while since I posted on here, despite being a member for some time...

I actually owned a Saracan Mad 6 many many years ago, before the frame decided to "give way" ... I purchased this Echo frame and the wheels of two guys on here (I believe they are still around haha) but unfortunately due to work movements at the time I never carried through with my build.

Dug the frame out probably this time last year and decided it was about time I did something with it.... Some of the parts I feel could do with "upgrading", some are just spur of the moment purchases, but she rides beautifully and will do for now :)

Enjoy,

DSC_0568.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure on the fixed tensioner... I did some reading into fixed and sprung tensioners, ... but as mentioned it rides great so no current intentions of upgrading :)

I'm assuming you're using 18-15 as your gear ratio?

You may want to get a sprung tensioner with two jockey wheels. It provides more chain wrap on the sprocket which reduces the chance of skipping.

• Like 1

Who did you buy this from chap? My old pure went to brum/Solihull way.

Liking it, I need to post mine up sometime..

I bought the frame of AL_FEL of here according to my message history back in 2008 (that's scary!)

Thank you, would love to see some other '04 shape Echo Pure's :)