disk brakes advice ASAP!

OAndrews

BB7 with an SD7 lever for cable, MT2 for hydraulic.

MT2s are perhaps the nicest feeling hydraulics I've ever sampled. Saints are super-powerful, but I there was something about the lever feel I didn't quite like.

Much more cost-effective, too! Just a shame you don't get any bite adjustment - but then they are more budget brakes.

you do get adjustment (same as the saint) but it takes a torx key to do it.

MT2s are pretty sweet, I love the levers even if they are a little too stiff for my liking. I do like how the Saint brakes keep the pads further from the rotor though, helps reduce rubbing no end!

Really? I thought that was just the reach, rather than the bite.

Do the Saints run a larger master cylinder and smaller slaves so the pads move more then? That's a fooooooking good idea!

They use servowave, so the leverage point "ramps " up toward the end of the lever stroke giving more power and less travel

• Like 1

Really? I thought that was just the reach, rather than the bite.

Do the Saints run a larger master cylinder and smaller slaves so the pads move more then? That's a fooooooking good idea!

Thinking about it, the Saint does have bit point adjustment, I've never used it so forgot all about it

A larger master and smaller slaves would reduce power, they use a servo wave thing as mentioned which can take a little getting used to, but it seems to work pretty well.

I've tried the Zee, I didn't rate it at all. Under powered compared with a saint, softer lever feel and you have to look at the hideous levers.

Really? :o

I've had mine for a week now and it's the best brake I've ever tried haha. It's better than my Saint where and I actually think that it has tooo much power sometimes.. The lever feels great, but isn't the best looking one though ;)

I hate avid elixiers. Here are my reasons.

The resevoir is too small they start to overpresureise so the pads rub snd eventualy lock onto the rotor.

The pistons seaze at the sight of mud or grit.

The amount of lever movement is a gamble some times you get a good one and sometimes it hits the bar or is on just by touching it.

The levers and lever bodys bend in crashes.

And the pivots ware out really quickly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because they aren´t strong and are prone to leaking, at least the firts gen of elixirs was. They look nice and are light, that´s it. I hope they will work ok for you though ;)

ahhhh wish I knew this before I bought it, pretty good brake until it started leaking!