Dirt jumper for trials

I'm starting to realise that the new inspired 26 element I want may be too much as I can get a ns metropolis 2 2013 for the same price!!! I need a bike for STREET trials, an occasional trip to glentress and dirt jumps, the glentress will just be tabletop jumps. I was thinking maybe a dirt jumper with good brakes and ridged forks would be able to do the trick. And with a dirt jumper I could always do some more mountain biking but I have my heart set on the element.

I'd stick with your plan for the element, like I said before, I have a fourplay and I've never looked back!

Plus like I said I'm considering doing a DJ build using a 24 inspired frame, thats the faith I have that it can handle it. I wouldn't claim to no much about the geo of bikes, but from my experience with djs and now the inspired I'd go the inspired

did it really need 4 topics of the same kind to answer one question?

btw you got the same answers literally every time.

i think inspireds take dj abuse for a good while,if you want more,get a steel frame from marino or even jaf,if you cant wait.

steel is more reliable for impact riding,and you could get a geo that covers both genres a fair bit.

but mind there is no do-it-all-bike,you´ll always have to take compromises.

i found my right-in-between geo fortunately with my new marino,its a streety moddy 24 trials bike and its awesome,but for dj i´d have to completely change the bar/stem setup...

• Like 2

What everyone else said +

If you really aren't sure what you want, maybe get a cheaper second hand bike and ride if for 6 months and then decide. Get a cheap onza zoot or fourplay second hand.

Choosing a bike is much easier when you have some experience. In 6 months you may not want to ride trials, just jumps or the other way round.

Your other option is just to post in the wanted section. There may be some 26 inspireds or marinos suitable for you.

The ns bike you mentioned is good but not suitable for trials, trials is so difficult and takes so long to learn I think for most people it would just be unrealistic.

-Riding DJ on a street trials bike is easier than riding trials on a DJ bike.

-The NS doesn't have a front brake or disc compatible hub (you will have to build a new wheel and get a front brake)

- The rear brake can probably be used for the front, but you will need a decent hydraulic rear.

-The bb is stupidly low

-The gear ratio is wrong

-The seat tube is really high and will smack you in the balls everyday.

-The rims are Fundamentals - they will fold like aluminium foil on badly executed trials moves.

-The NS only has 24 engagements on the freehub compared to the elements 72.

-The rear triangle is designed to support pedal kicks with a rear disc brake.

-NS full builds dont use the same high quality frame build techniques as the separate frame. Where as the element does.

-Plus if its just table tops you want to ride, thats not even really DJ.

to be honest, I really don't do dj, I go to some pump tracks and some pretty big tables and gaps rarely and the only jumps I ever really go to more than 6 times a year are really really small tables but there is also a couple wall rides and such. I know trials takes along time so to make sure I don't quit it early I'm planning on buying an expensive bike like the inspired to in courage my self to keep trying. On my old jump bike I could do 180 endos and very small back hops so I'm hopping I will be able to improve them straight away