Would this be a good first bike?

Ollie123

Its a Onza T-Mag, its pretty old school but its going to be my first bike. It has maguras front and back with a rear grind, rear creepy crawler ( good conditon )

Im going to buy one for £120 posted what do you think?

Here is a picture of the same one but not the one im going to buy..

modbike_onza_t-mag_pearl_white.jpg

Edited by Ollie123

120 ain't too bad I guess.

Well depends actually, get a pic of the one you're actually buying because everyone on here knows what a t mag looks like new.

Ok, Here it is....

$T2eC16NHJHYFFk,(h9v-BRkzju1R3Q~~48_80.J

Ill change the bars for risers and get a better stem..

$T2eC16JHJGEFFm088J-VBRkzjtS7jw~~48_80.J

yeah looks okay just not sure if it'd spend £120 on it, the chain isn't tensioned which might hint that the rear wheel is f**ked, which is easy with open bearing hubs.

also bear in mind how old that frame is.

yeah looks okay just not sure if it'd spend £120 on it, the chain isn't tensioned which might hint that the rear wheel is f**ked, which is easy with open bearing hubs.

I have sent a message to him asking what the overall condition is and if the rear wheel is damaged..

Edited by Ollie123

Doesn't seem bad for 120, you can do that up nicely for not much more. Frame would be like 50-100 second hand, forks 40 ish, rear wheel 40 ish second hand then you can get a ffw setup for around 50.

So you could spend 300 and potentially have quite a nice bike.

Doesn't seem bad for 120, you can do that up nicely for not much more. Frame would be like 50-100 second hand, forks 40 ish, rear wheel 40 ish second hand then you can get a ffw setup for around 50.

So you could spend 300 and potentially have quite a nice bike.

Thanks, I know i could upgrade it good for a cheap price how ever i only have £140 to spend. I am also not going to see it, im just going to get it delivered, Do you think that is risky??

Edited by Ollie123

Or that its simply at the front of the dropouts (which it is) and just needs pulling back?

I don't see how it's risky, it'll definitely need a bit of tlc for sure but if you've got a fairly good idea of how to maintain a bike it should run fine. Even if there's a crack you can get them welded for around a fiver usually. Brakes will probably need a bleed, only thing I'd be worried about is if it's a rear free hub just make sure it's in a rideable condition.

what are they like to ride becuase i have rode a rockman aurem 4 and a onza blade but im just as good on the blade as the rockman, i know it sounds stupid but i am a beginner and not to bothered about the bike as long as i can progress on it.

Edited by Ollie123

If its in good condition with small scuffs then yeah its worth it.. If it has any evidence of dents / cracks / score marks / gouges in the frame. Then ni its not worth it. Listen to the advice... It will serve you well.. Go see the bike if you can, and hop around on it. If they say u cant the u know something is wrong.

Yes u gettin a bargain there. I wish i brought that... Is that more what you want?

Thanks for the proper advice UK-Spawn, its in good condition, i just wanted a simple "yes its worth it" or how they feel like to ride..

Edited by Ollie123

Are you disabled

These frames snap. You won't progress if you ride it and it snaps!

I had one and snapped it in 4 days and this was just learning ages ago!

He is simply asking if its worth it for a beginner I would say yes for sure if its in good condition this is why this forum is dying a death because u can't ask a simple question and get a simple answer instead u get insults like that from childish people ! Rant over Edited by Neon-trials
  • Like 1