Local Business Ideas?

Gaz96

I'm 16 going on 17 in July, my friend has started his own window cleaning business and doing very well for himself, its made me want to start something myself, I'm not shy from work, been working 3 jobs since I was 13 along with a paper round. I live in a small village, has anyone got any ideas of local business opportunities? window cleaning and car washing are 2 things that have just started in the village so won't be able to do them!

Gardening is the one mate. I do the odd bit of gardening work, albeit in London mainly looking after posh apartment complexes etc, so it's a bit of a different situation. But even so it's fun, rewarding work that keeps you outside and doesn't take that much kit.

I'd reccomend just starting off advertising to do gardening jobs for people. Advertise yourself more on the hard labour side, a lot of which will likely be ripping out bushes/dense foliage of gardens that have got way overgrown, to get a bit of experience and start learning then go from there.

Ideally down the line once you've mastered it all, you move into landscaping a bit more and get a contract with a building firm to do all the gardens of new house builds. Then you're quids in.

Edited by Max Quinn

A bit off topic but a friend round here has just started a business up where he accepts parcels for people who won't be home and then redelivers them at a pre-arranged time or holds on to them for people to collect from him. So simple but pure genius, perfect for someone who works from home and will be around to sign for stuff.