GetCreative2 Entry - 'Bad Dreams' by Laurence Fielding

bungalow-bikes

GetCreative2 'Bad Dreams by Laurence Fielding'

Based loosely on a true story....

My 2013 'Get creative 2' entry (A freestyle trials bike riding and video editing competition) Firmly in the 'Novice' category!

GEEKBit:

I filmed this video entirely by myself on my Panassonic LX3 compact camera, using a wide angle lens for some bits. Mostly mounted on tripod with the exception of the POV where i held the camera with my teeth! all zoom and pan is post production. unfortunately the max resolution of the camera is 720p so suffering a little after compression.

Bike Ridden:

Pashley 26Mhz frame

Onza forks

Hope front wheel and brake

Middleburn cranks

Chris king rear wheel

Magura rear brake.

Edited by isitafox
  • Like 1

Firstly I should have offered apologies for my acting...

Far from a regular poster here how do you embed a video in a post? (i did have quick search but not finding anything relevant.)

also one other question how do you add your get creative vid to the group pages on Vimeo and Youtube?

Thanks in advance.

Laurence

Bungalow-bikes

Far from a regular poster here how do you embed a video in a post?

Here you go:

Vimeo Video -> Original Video

Just hit quote on my post and you know how to do it.

Nico.

But normally you just copy and paste the video url and it works. Dunno why it didn't in your post.

Edited by niconj

I liked that, good vid. Quietest shopping centre in the world?

Just well timed, Wrexham in North Wales for those interested.

I found that strangely captivating.

I would also recommend you turn your light off; you'll sleep much better.

A lack of night vision camera... so rather than a rather dull black screen i had to make do with the light on! lol Glad to hear you found it captivating.

Question: Was that coffee you were making? I've never seen it made like that before and didn't quite understand what that silver thing was?

It's a hob top espresso maker (very common in other countries particularly Italy) If you like real coffee its the only way to make it!

It gives a smoother flavour. the method of making it isn't that dissimilar to how Starbucks or Costa etc do it. You can pick a cheap one up for less than £10.

It's the hippsters high caffeine drink of choice! so if your not in the mood for Redbull give it ago.

Just well timed, Wrexham in North Wales for those interested.

Quality edit that dude! When I saw the first clip of you in Wrexham I thought 'Oh wow thats Eagles Meadow!!' Where abouts do you live? I am from Connah's Quay so seeing somebody ride a relatively local spot is awesome, I have wanted to ride Eagles Meadow many times but never had the chance :)

Thank you for answering my question with such vigour and enthusiasm.

Video feedback:

- When you rode over the bridge, I was hoping you'd drop off (looks about 20 foot, give it a try.)

- That location in front of the waterfall looks amazing.

- If you want to film yourself brushing your teeth and making coffee again, you're welcome to borrow my GoPro.

Quality edit that dude! When I saw the first clip of you in Wrexham I thought 'Oh wow thats Eagles Meadow!!' Where abouts do you live? I am from Connah's Quay so seeing somebody ride a relatively local spot is awesome, I have wanted to ride Eagles Meadow many times but never had the chance :)

I live in wrexham, Yer i always like to see a trials vid with somewhere you know well, it make it seem a bit more real/impressive (maybe not in my case...) have you got any vids of you riding locally?

Thank you for answering my question with such vigour and enthusiasm.

Video feedback:

- When you rode over the bridge, I was hoping you'd drop off (looks about 20 foot, give it a try.)

- That location in front of the waterfall looks amazing.

- If you want to film yourself brushing your teeth and making coffee again, you're welcome to borrow my GoPro.

umm the bridge drop is probably a bit beyond my skill level! lol

the waterfall spot was loverly to ride, but limited line choice for me as im not use to riding natural (will definitely ride there again at some point though) - I did fall in the river a few times... alass off the camera!

I doubt ill do another film with coffee and teeth brushing in. lol. But thanks for the offer.

Question: Was that coffee you were making? I've never seen it made like that before and didn't quite understand what that silver thing was?

It's a hob top espresso maker (very common in other countries particularly Italy) If you like real coffee its the only way to make it!

It gives a smoother flavour. the method of making it isn't that dissimilar to how Starbucks or Costa etc do it. You can pick a cheap one up for less than £10.

It's the hippsters high caffeine drink of choice! so if your not in the mood for Redbull give it ago.

Totally weird that I'm reading this months Stuff magazine and they've got one in here! Might have to pick one up!

Get yourself an aeropress coffee maker much more convenient, you'll find most of the wanky artisan coffee folk use them these days instead of the traditional stove top.

Liked the concept of the video and Im envious of that pashley looks like a sweet setup, you have stellar taste in bikes orange and a Cotic?

Thatwas wicked mate, cool idea, where abouts was it filmed? The water fall looks beautiful!

Cool glad you liked it had fun making it. Mostly wrexham except the waterfall that was near 'Abergwyngregyn' just off the A55 between Bangor and Llandudno.

Get yourself an aeropress coffee maker much more convenient, you'll find most of the wanky artisan coffee folk use them these days instead of the traditional stove top.

Liked the concept of the video and Im envious of that pashley looks like a sweet setup, you have stellar taste in bikes orange and a Cotic?

If i had any space left in the kitchen for coffee paraphernalia then i would definitely get a 'wanky' aeropress! lol.

Good to hear you liked the concept No doubt i could have done a better job of it, but it is was it is, now!

Yer the Pashley is still going strong (getting on 15years old at a guess) a great bike. I do have a bike addiction unfortunately for my very tolerant wife.

DH - Orange 224

XC - Cotic BFe

Street - Bungalow-bikes BridgeMkII (home made)

Trials - Pashely @26Mhz

Road bike - Condor Cylocross

Mod - (broken)

Municycle - (broken)

Honda Z50 monkey - (Restoring)

And counting....