24" frame

James281098

Okay guys I'm going to get a marino I've decided on this now!!! I would like a seat tube length exactly like an inspired arcade or fourplay or just abit long than that the archive so my seat can sit 'properly', any idea of what length seat tube length I'm looking for?

Thanks James

How do you mean sit properly?

I saw a archive that's seat tube was low and it had to be pivoted forward so that it could go all the way down !

My archive is 260mm from the centre of the bb to the top of the seat tube or 235 to the top of the top tube

Ok thanks I will probably have mine the same length

Theres one more thing in need to know before I order one and I've asked Ross mcarther but I will ask on here aswell, with a 24" wheel and a gear ratio of 22:18 what length chainstay would I need, mark said something about a chart?

Adam from tarty made a chart that shows what CS lengths you need to run a tensionerless system with each ratio. Isitafox might have it.

22/18 is going to be very light. The Arcade is 22/15 but I understand that might be too hard for some people.

22/16 is what Inspireds usually come with and that seems like a good compromise between static and speed.

• Like 1

I think because the mk1 has longer chain stays 22/18 would be ok for that but if your going for shorter chain stays like the Arcade then maybe go for 22/17?

It's because it's more responsive on the rear with shorter chain stays so you can get away with a harder gear ratio.

Found it

post-24247-0-15409400-1389306308_thumb.j

Also agree with the 22/18 thing, that would feel awful and mean you'd struggle to get any speed/momentum up. I run 22/15 with 175 cranks and would highly recommend it if not 22/16. If you find the gearing too hard try it on 175 cranks as the extra leverage make a difference.

I think because the mk1 has longer chain stays 22/18 would be ok for that but if your going for shorter chain stays like the Arcade then maybe go for 22/17?

It's because it's more responsive on the rear with shorter chain stays so you can get away with a harder gear ratio.

I think I have a 16t lying around somewhere, but not a 17, this is making me debate now 16 or 17 because I will try and get a really short chainstay so could go with a 16t if having a shorter chain stay will be a lot more responsive ? You guys are the experts ... Haha

Found it

attachicon.gifGear ratio chart.JPG

Also agree with the 22/18 thing, that would feel awful and mean you'd struggle to get any speed/momentum up. I run 22/15 with 175 cranks and would highly recommend it if not 22/16. If you find the gearing too hard try it on 175 cranks as the extra leverage make a difference.

Thanks I've been looking for that chart :) , do you think I 22:16 would be ok with 'standard cranks length and just a shorter chain stay?