Tocco or Racing line?

Canardweb

No :P money doesn't guarantee quality. It never does

It does.

It SHOULD guarantee that the component/product/service is good quality, or if there is a problem, it is resolved quickly

Porsche 911 GT3. They are randomly bursting to fire. Porsche told the customers not to use them until they find the error, then they will fix it for free

Apple. 3x as expensive as a computer, but as they are a closed system, made from good (not great, apart from the Mac pro, but that is a workstation) components, it is less likely to get unstable or get faulty as a normal PC. ( as an end user, you cannot really cause any problems)

As I would pay £80 just for a lever (whereas I could buy a full system elsewhere) that should have high end components, I would expect to work well at normal conditions, or the company to help me out quickly if something goes wrong by not my fault

Yeah... we talked about that already....

I kinda got the impression that your line has been written by somebody else.

It's a pity though. I know that loctite will fix the (not so big) problem but still... one would expect... I guess I should forget about my expectations when it comes to trials stuff. "Normal" bike parts are being tested before hitting the market but as you guys told me, this just isn't the case for trials parts. I wonder why that is so. Would it cost twice as much in the end?

My Tocco lever was faulty so I went for the Racing line. It is performing flawlessly but I am still surprised that I have to "fix" sth. with loctite.

Edited by niconj

Couldnt you make a few different things on your machine, Dave?

I see Euan Beaden making axles and bar ends which is cool. But a man with your experience, you could make a brake lever?

Yes of course. It was my next step after the carbon wrapped magura which worked perfectly.

There will be a new brake lever released in the next couple of months. Currently in testing. And has been since last summer.

I'm still using racing line with no major problems

Edited by dave33
  • Like 1