Any interest in Indoor Trials in the North east?

Lord Banks

Following on from Trialsalots thread here > http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/186230-north-east-indoor-spots-ie-near-newcastle/

Would there be a genuine interest in an Indoor Trials venue in the Newcastle/North east area? I do abit of work at the Dynamix Skate Park in Gateshead and I was just wondering if it might be worth me mentioning to them about setting something up. Theres stuff to ride there at the minute (few ledges/stairs etc) but nothing specific to Trials. There is an outdoor section (although Ive not seen anyone riding it) and loads of pallets/cable reels/general Trialsy stuff lying around.

Any thoughts North eastern trialers?

A few of us have ridden the outdoor bit before and we tried setting up an indoor kind of thing with them before, it's didn't end up happening though. There's a fair few that I reckon would be up for it though, and I would be when I'm home from uni.

Adam.

Following on from Trialsalots thread here > http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/topic/186230-north-east-indoor-spots-ie-near-newcastle/

Would there be a genuine interest in an Indoor Trials venue in the Newcastle/North east area? I do abit of work at the Dynamix Skate Park in Gateshead and I was just wondering if it might be worth me mentioning to them about setting something up. Theres stuff to ride there at the minute (few ledges/stairs etc) but nothing specific to Trials. There is an outdoor section (although Ive not seen anyone riding it) and loads of pallets/cable reels/general Trialsy stuff lying around.

Any thoughts North eastern trialers?

I tried to arrange this an event here a few weeks back. Rosa invited me down to speak with her regarding holding the event.

After an hour of waiting around, she asked a bloke to speak to me about the event, he replied with oh i can't i'm busy.

Quite frankly i thought that was really rude of him so i walked out without speaking to either of them.

Really? I can assure you it weren't me!

I'm just getting back into trails after a couple year gap, i've been riding bmx so i've not had much input in the scene. If I could sort something out, a small indoor area, few pallets to begin with etc, reckon it would see much use? I'll have to justify its existence you see with an idea of useage.

To be honest the barn is mint. Just got back from riding there tonight and Chester has a great set up. It's quite open from the side but once you're riding it's only a bit chilly. A lot of works been put in to make it rideable from people like me to Jo Prattley and Alec Wray who both destroyed that place tonight!

Definately worth the look in. To be fair dynamix seem the business that would rather stick to the mainstream and since the majority of riders in the north east are in North Yorkshire, the barn is closest. On my reckoning they're is only a handful of riders left riding Newcastle. So from a business case....well there isn't one really. It's a shame but it's business after all.