arghh what size 24" or 26"

AlexClare94

Right guys, I've been riding on and off for the past couple of years, started when I was only 12 on a 20" onza haha. am now 19 and been riding a 26" for abit, but got rid cause it never seemed big enough for me as I'm now 6ft4.. Just wanting to know any good setups eg. high angled stems or riser bars or even high bb.. I've ridden 20" bikes that feel comfortable for my height, and some 26" bikes too, just wondering any tall people on here got any info on parts ect

I'm 6'2 maybe 6'3 and I still really enjoy riding mod

I'm on a 24 now and would say that it's pretty ace with +70bb and 150x30 stem + high rise bars.

High risers always make a bike more comfortable to me, as well as easier to ride.

I'd personally go with 26" but it's all a matter of preference. I spent 5 years riding a 20" and progressed greatly after switching to 26" on which I've been happily riding for 8 years now. Changed to a 24" Rockman Tractor last year and found it great for small stuff and awful for anything else, sold it after a few rides. So 26" is still a winner for me at least. I can see 24" being a fantastic size for beginners and some experienced riders but it doesn't seem to work for all. That wheel size feels much more like a mod than a stock in my opinion.

What Ross says is pretty much bang on except I'd use that setup on a frame with at least 40mm rise.

Hard to find these days but something like a +30/40bb 1090wb frame with a 150mm 30deg stem and a high'ish rise bar, would be good for the taller rider.

26" that is.

Yeah I've always considered riser bars but they never seem wide enough as I like mine super wide like 30/32"

I'd personally go with 26" but it's all a matter of preference. I spent 5 years riding a 20" and progressed greatly after switching to 26" on which I've been happily riding for 8 years now. Changed to a 24" Rockman Tractor last year and found it great for small stuff and awful for anything else, sold it after a few rides. So 26" is still a winner for me at least. I can see 24" being a fantastic size for beginners and some experienced riders but it doesn't seem to work for all. That wheel size feels much more like a mod than a stock in my opinion.

What Ross says is pretty much bang on except I'd use that setup on a frame with at least 40mm rise.

Yeah definately going for a 26, I've been looking at a few frames as I'm wanting to build from scratch, any frame recomendations? cheers