can i use mag mounts for echo slaves?

zetecmk2

its a joke, right?

or I am just really tired and forgot how to english

Btw yes you can use maggie mounts and pads for echo calipers

ahh i dunno, i tried my echo brake slaves with magie mounts without the washers and it didnt work for me, the echo ones only worked :S

I was watching some black ones very similar to those on the bay, they went for like 90quid

ohh no, ive got these ones, dunno if there any different or not, but they didnt work with my 2014 slaves anyway.

IMG-20140418-00844.jpg

Hah you said it the wrong way round first time.. maggy clamp echo slave.

I was going to say that's what I've got and its fine

Edited by *gentlydoesit

Gis a pic dude... I'm sooo confused

sorry...didn't take any, basically, due to the width of the stays...to allow for wider trials rims, the normal 2 v brake mount i have for maguras from my mtb doesnt fit! so i need offset mounts attatched to the frame with 4 long bolts that go right through the stays!!

i was sure that i could get it to work somehow......but no!! and i'm going to sweeden for the day on saturday, so can't do anything until sunday.....in fact, can't do anything until i get those mounts off you!!!

looks like i'll be out on the san andreas this weekend then!!

i'm thinking a wider rim would make life sooooo much easier (and a frame without the threads drilled out!!!)

no...i have 4 m5x100mm bolts and a section of alloy tube that is 8mm o/d and 5mm i/d that i can cut into 4 to sleeve the holes that someone drilled in the frame. the holes have an i/d of about 7mm (with a thread cut in the lower 2) so i will grind about 1mm off the sleeves....they are only to centralise the bolts in the holes.......it.ll be fine...trust me (although i wouldn't let hans rey ride it!!