Bike Security

den71e

HI

Im New to this Forum thing so here Goes.

Does anyone now were to get Good security for your bikes.

A couple of my friend have had there bike stolen in the last few week and are looking for a way to

keep our bikes locked up .

Any ideas

Thanks

My uncle built a shed and lined the walls with steel and mounting bolts :D

You could also get a BikeShepherd Sticker which u put on your frame. If someone tries to take it off, it releases a GPS signal (@ least that's how I think it works). Theyre around £15

Really just try and make it look as hard as possible to take your bike. If a thief thinks it'll be too much hassle, he'll leave it. So strap almost every part of it down, put a cover on it, maybe a few chains.

And if that doesn't work get a pike with the head of the last thief who stole from u stuck atop of it.

Your bike is only as secure as the building it's in and the object it's chained to, also the chain itself needs to be secure.

If someone wants your bike they will take it, no bike locks will withstand attacks from a good set of bolt croppers and there isn't much you can do to stop them. The only security chain I know of that is impervious to attack from anything but an angle grinder is an almax but then you're looking at over 200 quid for a chain, lock and ground anchor - how much do you value your bike?

All of mine are kept in a walk in cupboard in my house which is about the safest place they can be, I wouldn't keep them in a shed unless there was a very substantial locked steel cage to keep them in.

A chain to a wall anchor on my normal bikes and a wall anchor+floor anchor on my orange as well as a D-lock to the metal pipe running up the garage wall. It's not thief proof but it does look intimidating. There's 4 padlocks on the garage door too haha.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm dreaming up a solution using a tiny gps tracker modified for induction charging as a second line of security. It would only work if the down tube is large enough and has access through the head tube. Its kinda geeky I know, and maybe impractical since you have to make sure you're bike is "charged" LOL