New guy needs advice please.

mattjohn

Hi there new to the site and trials biking. I was wondering for some advice on a bike and what's suitable.

I'm 26 so not to old to give it a go and 5th 10".

I'm currently looking at a onza t-bird Which has 20" wheels. But I'm sure you all know that.

I'm hoping to try and learn to ride street.

After reading a few post on here I'm getting the idea that a bike with 24" is better for what I would like. But as I'm new to it all these are fairly cheap and if I take to it I would then invest in a more appropriate and more modern bike.

Do what I'm asking is would this be fine?

Thanks

Matt.

I would say a 20" trials bike would be a good way to start

You can do trialsy stuff

You can do some streety stuff (yes, the larger wheels helps, but honestly, probably you will not do something like massive bunny 180 fakie manual for the first try, where it would really matte)

Did you ride BMX before?

A t bird is an alright starter bike to learn the real basics on but it's got to be cheap as they have 20" wheels front and rear which can be hard to sell on (the standard for mods is to have a 19" wheel).

If you desperately want to get a 24 straight off (assuming you mean danny mac style street trials) then go for a zoot but otherwise just go for a cheapish onza mod like a t pro, t comp, etc...

So would a t-bird see me right for the basics as they are cheap? As long as I can learn to manual hop and jump on to low level.(given time) as I know it won't happen over night. Would a t-bird see me to that point? As that's when I would upgrade.

I used to do some mountain biking and road mX for 15 years till an accident. Looking for something new tried a few times doing trials on a motorcycle my friend had a txt 250 but staying away from engined 2 wheels now.

I expect to pick up scrapes along the way though.

Thanks

So would a t-bird see me right for the basics as they are cheap? As long as I can learn to manual hop and jump on to low level.(given time) as I know it won't happen over night. Would a t-bird see me to that point? As that's when I would upgrade.

I used to do some mountain biking and road mX for 15 years till an accident. Looking for something new tried a few times doing trials on a motorcycle my friend had a txt 250 but staying away from engined 2 wheels now.

I expect to pick up scrapes along the way though.

Thanks

All the 20"/19" trials bikes now a days are decent starter bikes, I started when I was like 10 on a t bird and I loved it, but as I got to like 6ft I started looking for a bigger setup e.g higher stem and different style bars.. When I started it was always flat bars with v brakes/rim brakes and that was okay till I started bigger things and the bike just couldn't keep up..

I've gone for a onza zoot today hoping that will be better than the t-bird. as I believe from what I've read on here there more suited to what I want.

And should I stick with it I don't need to upgrade to this kind of bike in 6 moths time.

Would you all agree that the zoot is the better bike?

Thanks

Matt.