Inspired Arcade Riser Handlebars

Olly C

Fairly amateurish thread here but..

How many of you are riding the Arcade Riser's and on what sort of setup are you riding them?

I myself have a 2011 Fourplay with Inspired Team forks (full build version so cut down more than stand alone) and run a 110x35 stem with Inspired High Risers.

When I first got the bike I felt like I couldn't manual or bunny hop how I felt I should of been able to, I switched around a few stems including the recommended 90x35 and they all felt too cramped or not great to bunny hop/manual with, after a while I settled with my current 110x35 stem and found a fairly nice bar angle to go with it using the Inspired High Riser bars, but after all this time I am still left feeling like the bike is holding me back rather than making all this street style riding easier.

I'm wanting to know from people who have switched to the Arcade Risers from the Inspired High Rise bars whether they made big difference? Also what stem/full setup you use them with?

I used to be able to manual my streety setup T-Pro for as long as I liked and bunny hop out of the manual up benches and into another manual again without much trouble, I could also hop up to manual on tyre width grind rails at a local skate park so when I picked up the Fourplay I assumed I'd be able to do similar stuff as its kind of what its built for, but if I was to try the manual to manual up the bench I'd either lose the manual before the bench, fail the hop up and hit my front wheel causing insta-death or make both but have no chance of getting the manual on top of the bench.

It's got to the point where I am tempted to sell the Fourplay and maybe try the Hex to see if that would be any different or just rebuild my mod to its street past setup..

Will these bars be worth the upgrade to try and sort my problem do you think?

Cheers Olly.

How many stackers under your stem? I have a full build fourplay, standard was too low, I got a jaf fork extension of 30mm, so now I got 40mm of stackers, and trialtech high rise bars, feels much better for bunnys and manuals.

How many stackers under your stem? I have a full build fourplay, standard was too low, I got a jaf fork extension of 30mm, so now I got 40mm of stackers, and trialtech high rise bars, feels much better for bunnys and manuals.

I'll have a check as to how many stackers I have under the stem, there is a link in my signature with photos of my setup too..

Okay so I have about 27mm of stackers under my stem and the total height of the stackers plus the stem comes to about 65mm then the top cap sits on top of that.

I have quite a weird front end. I have a '14 Element with Element forks, full length steerer (235mm) I run that with a trialtech 120x17° stem, 55mm of spacers and the arcade bars. Feels nice for me because I can't hunch on a bike as my back starts aching and the front lifts really easy, although I might get a shorter stem to help me with my spinny stuff :)

Arcade spec stem on mine and i find it perfect. I had the same stem on my Hex (albeit with lower bars), and then my skye, then the marino, on the arcade and moved over to a console now and the stem feels perfect.

They just take a little bit of getting used too, however i can't fault the geo for any of the moves you've listed

We specced that geo for the bars to make them feel better for manuals and bunnyhops - they do feel pretty good for them (Y) The main thing I find they feel nicer for that the TT High Rise bars is when you're kind of 'popping' bunnyhops. When you go to level the bike off, your wrists/arms feel like they're in a much better position so you can roll your wrists forward to get it tucked and level. I didn't really think the High Rise bars were bad, but going to the Arcade bars definitely improved my setup.

• Like 1